Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Happiness Is?

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 18, 2018 3:06AM in U.S. Coin Forum

When your Kiddo texts you a photo of a coin he just bought in school! :)

Just a circ crusty 1950's silver Egyptian Piastres with Sphinx on the obverse, but he bought it for 50 cents and did well.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Sometimes the coin bug bites early, sometimes much later. In my case, the coin bug has been chewing on me for most of my life..... :D Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:

    The coin bug has been chewing on me for most of my life..... :D

    What was your first coin that you could really say started you off?

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ErrorsOnCoins I can relate to that very much

  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 14,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    @ErrorsOnCoins I can relate to that very much

    Me too :smile:

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb, Ricko

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Onastone ....A Columbian half really got me going...had a couple of IHC's before that...Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I love the stories and for those who wishes to be game inventors ...... that's probably the new money is ;)

    No bambini here yet but my Happiness is waking to peaceful CU ..... <3 feel so Liberated to exercise my Freedom of Speech without any retaliation :)

  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Happiness is going to the annual winter FUN show with ample funds for acquisitions. (Sadly, I don't see that happening again in my future, but ya never know)

    Seated Half Society member #38

    "She comes out of the sun in a silk dress,
    running like a water color in the rain...."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Happiness is getting a message that someone cares about you. I got a few :)

  • Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Pibble kissies

    Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Cute thread, I like it !!! :)

    Timbuk3
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ...a warm gun?

    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

    Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2018 3:53PM
  • Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

    CU & its knowledgeable, generous members sharing their experiences here.

    :)

  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I guessed ..... we better not visit :#

    @asheland said:

  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @metalmeister said:
    Waking up every morning and grinding the coffee beans.

    Me too. And then....a day with the 10 little Hydrants. Boys and girls, enjoy every minute! Things are looking up around here. I like it. It's a good thing.

  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Happiness is like the weather. Sometimes its great sometimes it isn't. But Joy, well that's a different matter..

    The court jester does not play, but gently pulls the strings…

  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A warm gun.

  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2018 5:56AM

    @messydesk said:

    @Broadstruck said:

    @messydesk said:

    She's into dinosaurs now. Hard to believe this was 25 years ago.

    Did you mean older men or actual dinosaurs? ;)

    Actual dinosaurs, thank you. She's in Niger at the moment digging some up.

    Very Cool... Oh & thanks for clarifying it! :p

    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

    @Broadstruck said:
    Best part is I kinda tried to push my hobby on him when he was little and it just didn't stick.

    I'd take him to shows and his attention span was about 10-15 minutes until boredom set in.

    So this was his first doing the coin thingy on his own :)

    That's awesome.!.! I would be SO proud.!.!

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Paradisefound said:
    I guessed ..... we better not visit :#

    @asheland said:

    The bird would probably eat my cat. :D

  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Being able to occasionally reap a little bit of rewards from this hobby (which can be sort of like a store of value) to use in other adventures.

  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DCW said:
    A chip off the old block.
    I experienced the same joy after finding my kiddo "reading" Coin World in her room a few years back
    And people say the hobby is dead!

    God bless her!

    But no.......I still have children (4) around 30 years old who are still having major difficulties sorting garbage waste from cardboard, plastic and glass alone from being anything numismatic in any way. Well......one does have an eye on silver and some gold when he thinks he's got a good deal but that's another story..

    Leo

    The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

    My Jefferson Nickel Collection

  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @lkeigwin said:
    My granddaughter loves bust halves.
    Lance.

    Yeah, it's all about the Busties at that age.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file