Home U.S. Coin Forum

Photos of the more common Lincoln Cent error coins for newbies

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 15, 2018 12:36PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Perhaps this will help newbies who dedicate their time to this hobby in search of the great find Lincoln Cent.
I hope this in some way may alleviate their questions regarding change finds and gives them something to
compare to all in one place.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics, Jim! We'll see if it does any good.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great idea!

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need some RPM shots also. Great what you have so far.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, that's really helpful. worth a bookmark for sure.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea. Nice photos of the yes's. Now you need a couple photos of the common no's.

• Should be "Photos of Lincoln Cent variety coins for newbies"

• tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Shouldn't this be in the BST forum? List prices please...

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭

Great post showing them all in one place very much appreciated. :)

Highly doubtful it will stop the troll or new persons post guess they they found the PCGS forum somwhow? over the flood of like questions on other coin forums.

Thank goodness some of them their questions in q and a in pcgs forum instead of this one.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great post...should help our new collectors immensely. Thanks @jesbroken....Cheers, RickO

Great effort! But we still need pics of the 1917 DDO-001, 1936 DDO-001, 002, and 003, 1941 DDO-001 and 002, and the 1995-D DDO-003. Images of all these are available at http://varietyvista.com but I don't know if they could be posted here.
    1944 -D D/S numbers 1 and 2 would be a nice addition, too.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 12:38PM

I edited the op to add the 1958 DDO Lincoln Cent. Sorry I missed it first round. Mark Feld mentioned it across the street.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

It's good you added that one. We've had a few inquiries on it here.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've posted pictures of a 95-D DDO before, feel free to take the pics and add them here if you want. Also have a decent picture of a 64DDR with the split serifs and notches pointed out to try to help the newer doubled die searchers.

Collector, occasional seller

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

This can only help. At least that's what I think.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 2:34PM

Can I just say that very first 55 DDO is gorgeous!!!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will help, if they see this post. On advice from Insider2, I just ordered "grading coins by photographs" by Bowers. I appreciate great reference materials. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

The 1964 DDR-001 is a good addition, too.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest
    I will work on some of these more modern ones tomorrow. The earlier dates are gargantuous in number. I kind of felt these are coins yn's could search change or bank rolls for and maybe find one. At least they will have some place to go to see them all. Hope they save this post.
    Jim

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, we need to post a picture of a pop out from an electrical box, corroded and run over by a truck, with the message “not a cent, not an error.” 😜

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great post !

@jesbroken said:
    @koynekwest
    I will work on some of these more modern ones tomorrow. The earlier dates are gargantuous in number. I kind of felt these are coins yn's could search change or bank rolls for and maybe find one. At least they will have some place to go to see them all. Hope they save this post.
    Jim

Let's hope they use your presentation. It's very well done and it would behoove all those who think they have some of these to check there first before they post a dozen pics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file