Home Sports Talk
Options

Football would be safer with 4 points for a touchdown and 2 points for a field goal.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, just trying to anticipate the next stupid NFL rule change.

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was trying to anticipate the next stupid coinstartled thread but sure didn't see this one coming.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was trying to figure out how these point changes would affect safety.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

With only two point difference between TDs & FGs there would be more FG attempts. FG attempts are much safer than going for TD. Now make the extra point attempt a loss of one point if good and a loss of two points if missed. ( Traditional two point attempt outlawed for players safety.) I can see the day football will be so safe they will not need helmets.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    I was trying to figure out how these point changes would affect safety.

Games would be closer so coaches would be more apt to keep their starters in late. Less players on the field to get injured!

;)

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps they could make it illegal to touch the quarterback. He could sit back there all day to pass and run the scores up to something like 700 to 630. Eighty or 90 touchdowns a game would cool. ;)

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2018 2:56PM

Giant Padded Football Helmets to reduce brain injuries and concussions. Looks pretty dumb, but I can see how it would work. Like a bunch of giant bobbleheads on the field. Maybe the humor aspect might help teams that are going 2-14 like the Redskins? Buy a ticket and get a few laughs?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Perhaps they could make it illegal to touch the quarterback. He could sit back there all day to pass and run the scores up to something like 700 to 630. Eighty or 90 touchdowns a game would cool. ;)

It's already illegal to touch the QB.....haven't you been watching! :D

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I got it!!!! A spin off of 1970's electric football game

Each player is off field and controls a robot. Kinda like drone racing

That way u run called plays and nobody ever gets hurt.

You can have 2 versions of this game. A evil version like rock-em-sock-m robots where you get extra points to punch the opposing QB head off

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets