Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Deformed Roosevelt dime

I feel most likely someone bored, but u all r the master of the art so waiting to hear

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please stand back off the coin. You're too close for that camera. Crappy pictures don't help in making any kind of assessment. Just send to PCGS and get it graded.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMHO looks PMD

coins for sale at the link below
    https://sites.google.com/view/coins-for-sale/home

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you buy yourself a pair of tin snips, you can make yourself a whole box of those.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably post mint damage. The photos are too poor to make any final judgement.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

Your right about tin snips but I'm not that guy I figured it was PMD but I'm new to this if I wanted to be belittle or made to feel ignorant I'd simply ask my loved ones lol jk

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, once in a while, you can find a coin that was struck on a planchet that came off the end of the roll, or the sheet. You can imagine what the raw material looks like when it's rolled into a certain thickness, and made into a large coil. Well, the very ends of that coil are a little raggedy, and often rough. If someone isn't paying attention when punching blanks, one gets punched out with a little raggedy edge. It is fairly easy to tell though, if you have that, or if someone took a pair of diagonals to your dime. Examination, and a little imagination of what a coin blank should look like after being struck between two dies should tell you. Even the error coins I speak of here though, are fairly common on Lincolns, Jeffersons, Roosevelts, Washingtons......They get better going up from there. Much better when a Morgan or a more fun 'classic' coin......

• Options
    OwenSeymourOwenSeymour Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭

Title says it all

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

How bout you check the focus of the images after you take them but before you post them. Pmd at this point and felony out of focus. Provide image of rev for signs of wear. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best I can assess from those pictures is PMD..... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file