Home U.S. Coin Forum

Error cent

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my one and only error coin. I’ve always liked this piece. I paid $3 for it >:)
I know it’s nothing extreme, but what do you guys think? I thought it was cool having a clear date and mint Mark.

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice example piece ..... inexpensive for an error :) Good pick ups

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proof that the Denver mint can screw up as much as Philly. :smiley:

• Klif50Klif50 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭

Undated ones usually go for 3 to 5 dollars. Have a full date is worth 8 to 10 dollars in the market around here so you did well getting it for $3 and it's a nice example.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't have to be an expensive, exotic error to appreciate and enjoy. A coin you like and added to your collection is all that matters.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

As an investment, you did very well.

I bet not many other of you coins have performed this well ;)

Nice major error coin.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018 3:48PM

I like your coin a lot. It's clear and clean.

My only issue with errors is that there are so many different, awesome ones, it would be easy to be consumed by them! :D

@Zoins said:

My only issue with errors is that there are so many different, awesome ones, it would be easy to be consumed by them! :D

Which led me to collect an error type set of over 400 different types of errors among almost all denominations.

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Zoins said:

Which led me to collect an error type set of over 400 different types of errors among almost all denominations.

That sounds amazing. Have you put together an error guide, or thought of putting one together?

Mike Byers has a great magazine. I think you could do really well given all the coins you handle and how great your photos are.

@Zoins said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Zoins said:

That sounds amazing. Have you put together an error guide, or thought of putting one together?

Mike Byers has a great magazine. I think you could do really well given all the coins you handle and how great your photos are.

At one point I thought about doing exactly that.

I have/had the coins and the expert photographic knowledge to pull it off.

The book would be different from Freds and Mikes and not go after the Top tier Major errors, but rather a photo guide of every type of error including an off center, a broadstruck, a double struck, etc ....

I would do it if a publisher would want me to and make it a monetary benefit to me, but honestly, a book project is a ton of work and my major error coin business makes money so that is where my almost all my effort goes (at the moment).

Now say if Fred wanted to "collaborate" on such a project and has the publishing connections, then I would be willing to work extremely hard and do the vast majority of the work :)

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Zoins said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Zoins said:

The book would be different from Freds and Mikes and not go after the Top tier Major errors, but rather a photo guide of every type of error including an off center, a broadstruck, a double struck, etc ....

I would do it if a publisher would want me to and make it a monetary benefit to me, but honestly, a book project is a ton of work and my major error coin business makes money so that is where my almost all my effort goes (at the moment).

Now say if Fred wanted to "collaborate" on such a project and has the publishing connections, then I would be willing to work extremely hard and do the vast majority of the work :)

Calling @FredWeinberg :)

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice error coin!!

Thanks everybody!

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

That did NOT come from a parking lot, but the bow tie is fantastic. Nice error.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a normal bowtie....but the coin is most definitely fantastic.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are the only one who can pull it off perfectly in tandem .... your photographic skill is equally as awesome as your eyes for errors :)

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is great @asheland
    I wish mine had a date :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland .... That is a really nice error coin... I would certainly keep that one... date and MM...Cheers, RickO

• 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

At last, an error that actually is an error.

+1.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

Thanks everybody. I agree @ricko lately I've sold and traded a lot of my raw (and some slabbed) coins but this one stays! :smiley:

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool error asheland, wtg on that pick up

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file