Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A few recent additions to the certified type set - I hope these posts aren't getting tiresome

LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Submitted, for your approval ... oops, that was the intro to a Twilight Zone episode. I guess just take a look!

Most of these are my truly poor photos, one of these is the pro shots that look so much nicer. I guess I need to arrange to get many of these to a pro to do some glamour shots for me.

1853 arrow and rays quarter

1853 d half eagle

1837 half eagle

1892 cc half eagle

1909 d half eagle

1922 Double eagle (from my father when he passed away in 1995)

1908 no motto Double eagle

1926 Eagle

1908 no motto eagle

Comments

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the CC $5.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty amazing, love the 53 quarter and the 92-CC half eagle in particular. These kinds of posts are what we do, collect, and hence the best ones, never get tired of these.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    Pretty amazing, love the 53 quarter and the 92-CC half eagle in particular. These kinds of posts are what we do, collect, and hence the best ones, never get tired of these.

Best, SH

About word for word what I was going to post including my 2 favorites of the bunch. Great coins!

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the 1853 Quarter.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

This! Love those two especially.

New collection addition posts never get tiresome.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the look of the CC also. I don't get tired of looking at coins, so I enjoy your posting as many as often as you want.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    I like the CC $5.

+1. Like the crusty original look on gold.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

All nice selections.
    I too love that ‘53 quarter....so few of them have any eye appeal.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like them all, type set coming along nicely. Thanks for posting!

• Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭

Very Nice!

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice mix.Keep posting.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

These posts are NEVER tiresome.... the more the merrier.....beautiful coins and great gold coins... What does the 1909D Indian grade?? And that CC is impressive. Gold and CC - awesome. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    These posts are NEVER tiresome.... the more the merrier.....beautiful coins and great gold coins... What does the 1909D Indian grade?? And that CC is impressive. Gold and CC - awesome. Cheers, RickO

The 09-d Indian $5 is PCGS MS63.

In order, all of these are:
    1853 A&R quarter - PCGS MS63
    1853 d $5 - PCGS AU50
    1837 $5 - PCGS VF35
    1892 cc $5 - PCGS XF40
    1909 d $5 - PCGS MS63
    1922 $20 - PCGS MS64
    1908 nm $20 - PCGS MS64+
    1926 $10 - PCGS MS64+
    1908 d nm $10 - PCGS AU58

A number of them have (but not all) CAC stickers, if I recall, the ones without CAC haven't been sent either.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweeter than honey mustard.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Ricko…….never tiresome. Great additions. That is what the forums are for.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

You scored nicely!!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love these posts. Very nice additions. Congratulations!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins! Thanks for posting them. :)

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2018 12:43PM

No disrespect on your A&R Quarter, but there appears to be a rub on Liberty's thighs, across her knees onto the lower leg, and a touch on the breast and right arm...by looking at the TrueView. She does have lovely color though. The remainder coins in the OP are no slouches either! Thank you for sharing.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting the nice additions to your type set :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file