Home Precious Metals

Gold vs Palladium

As Palladium approaches the per ounce price of gold, what are your thoughts long term for these medals.
I own 0 Palladium. I feel it is a horrible long term investment as I thought with platinum...but curious what the experts think.

Comments

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2018 4:30PM

I am by no means an expert, but I hear Palladium is WAY rarer than Gold, and even rarer than Platinum!
    Yes, rarity means nothing unless there is demand, and AU has enjoyed 5000 years of demand, but I see there is some demand for government issued PD coins.

What I am most intrigued of about palladium is it's unique electrical properties and uses in industry.
    Were it a key component to some emerging tech,, along with it's low supply.... Well supply and demand may send the price of this commodity to the moon.

Gold VS Palladium
    I like palladium <3

Edits : Clarity

It's all about what the people want...

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks too much like silver which is far cheaper. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aircraft spark plugs are the way of the future. I give it 2 thumbs up for space force.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Palladium does not interest me. Also, it is far removed from general interest, so liquidity (at least at this time) is very limited. Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it, but like gold better. Indeed it's many times more rare than gold, if demand picks up the sky is the limit.
    Rhodium once went to $10,100 an ounce!

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like gold !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.