Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any Experience w/ PWCC Private Sale? - Update (10/3) successful transaction

rhilbelirhilbeli Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

Got an unsolicited email from Jesse Craig, Director of Investor Services at PWCC. Asked if I had any interest in an offer for a PWCC-HE card that I bought in April 2016. Email looks legit from PWCC, so I replied. Said I really wasn't looking to sell, but am always open to offers.

Anyway, reply came back with a very strong offer 50% over both what I paid, and also the current market value. No real attachment to the card (it's baseball, and I mostly collect football) so I said sure. Asked what the procedure was.

Got reply

"All you need to do is ship us the card and once it is received in house, we will PayPal you the money and ship the buyer the card.

Please provide the following:

• Tracking number once shipped

• PayPal address to send payment once the card is received (or a check if you prefer that method. Just takes a few extra business days to process)

• Please put a sticky note or a note of some kind inside the package with “ATTN: Jesse Craig. Private Sale” - (Mailing Address – PWCC Marketplace - 3 Monroe Pkwy #601, Lake Oswego, OR 97035)

Once the card is confirmed as received by our shipping department (usually within 24 hours of the tracking saying it arrived), I will issue a payment request to you through our accounting department and they will pay you accordingly.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions."

Reassuring that the shipping address is correct for PWCC, but thought it was a little funny to be cold called, and then told to ship the card without having been paid. I would have thought it was a scam and probably would have deleted the emails if it wasn't from such a reputable source.

Any experiences with this, or other thoughts?

UPDATE (10/3)

Smooth transaction. Card delivered Fri 9/28. Paid in full via Paypal Tues 10/2.

My Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Registry Set

"The Packers are kinda like your kids. You dont love them because they are good, you love them because they are yours"

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I can't speak to the whole ship then get paid portion I have contacted PWCC before and asked them to reach out to the buyer of a card that I missed out on to see if there'd be willing to sell it. They said that they would contact the buyer and if they had interest they would reach back out to me. Unfortunately I never heard back so I always assumed the buyer had said no. Nice to see that they actually do reach out. Part of me always wondered if they just didn't bother.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I have no experience with PWCC private sale, but the ship first and then payment could be improved. There has to be a middle ground here for both the buyer and seller. PWCC runs a great shop and I am sure they have explored the different payment options.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2018 6:22PM

I would call them directly, ask for Jessie, to confirm

Curiously; Did they say what the fee's are, if any?

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

Additional 15% buyers fee to be paid by the purchaser

"The Packers are kinda like your kids. You dont love them because they are good, you love them because they are yours"
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's legit. I sold a card this way for a nice profit. Was contacted yesterday with an offer for another. Jesse and PWCC are great to deal with. Just follow the instructions.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    It's legit. I sold a card this way for a nice profit. Was contacted yesterday with an offer for another. Jesse and PWCC are great to deal with. Just follow the instructions.

Awesome -

I guess this is a new way to find that perfect card or white whale, just troll old PWCC Auctions and make a crazy offer.

Thanks

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

As long as you verify that the person you're dealing with and shipping to is in fact with PWCC there's no reason to be concerned about sending them the card prior to receiving payment. They are professionals, have a stellar reputation, and will do what they say they're going to do. The same cannot be said for 100% of their previous buyers that could now be contacted by them. In some cases PWCC will know them, but in many cases PWCC will have no idea on the type of person they're dealing with. It would be crazy sending payment in advance to strangers with no recourse when they disappear. If you don't trust anybody tell them you'll list it on ebay at the price they'll pay. You can pay Ebay and PayPal the fees and they will hold your hand during the tense situation.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@tonylags said:
    I would call them directly, ask for Jessie, to confirm

this