Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1937 D 5c Nice RPM pick up!! 66+

Well I am not to sure Wich it is but a nice pick up that went unseen :D Thoughts for any of the buffalo guys on the MM?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone famikiar with this RPM? Type2 maybe 👀

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin is nice with good luster. Strike is a bit weak, but overall nice Buff. Something is up with the MM, but I will leave that to the MM experts.

• Options

It is strikingly similar to some on Variety vista or doubleddie.com just apears to be a undocumented stage

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2018 8:48PM

Nice! Looks like it matches CONECA RPM-007. Yours look like it has the same die scratch/gouge extending from the SE of the mintmark as the plated example.

Really nice looking coin, too. I'm jealous. :)

Edited to say SE not SW. Pics kinda got me loopy...

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is an RPM. Nice coin. D/D West.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

@TheRegulator said:
    Nice! Looks like it matches CONECA RPM-007. Yours look like it has the same die scratch/gouge extending from the SW of the mintmark as the plated example.

Really nice looking coin, too. I'm jealous. :)

Awseome! I will check it out then. It has to count for something then 😂 Thank you

• Options

Thank's Pete

• Options

I got a nickel guy. Any idea how much premium is acceptable as a offer to sell? @TheRegulator

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

@cmerlo1 said:
    Very nice!

Thank you!

• Options

@Elemint said:

Looks to be a RPM. This MS65 is going for $250 on ebay. BTW, there's a $500 difference between a 66+ and 67.

I guess I deserve a kick in the ass for not cross checking eBay. Oh yes I am aware of the price gap for sure! Thank you for help!

• Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

CRH4LIFE- Sorry- I really have no idea how you should price the coin. Best of luck!

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does appear to be an RPM...nice catch... will you send it in for attribution? Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    It does appear to be an RPM...nice catch... will you send it in for attribution? Cheers, RickO

Indeed I am. Not sure on who to sent it to as our host does not attribute these specific RPM's. Maybe NGC or ANACS

• Options

Thanks to btw!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file