Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which of these two boxes to open....

If you had to pick between these two wax boxes to open....which would it be? LOL

I have no idea when or where the Saturday Night Fever box came from. But, it was in with my other boxes and cases. Maybe a repressed memory. There is an Alien box in there too.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go for a Travolta PSA 10, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

LOL. Maybe a Travolta card where he gets beat up...at least I think he gets beat up in that movie. Anyway, went with the 88 Topps. First pack right off the bat.....Jay Baller and that chest hair with the gaudy gold chain. God bless 1988.

• Options

Fifth pack. Must be an early print run. Angels error card with the red slash on Joyner. Wonder what else is in here?

• Options

Another error. Crossing my fingers for the Comstock error.

• Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I swear Joyner looks about 16 y/o

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@magellan said:
    I swear Joyner looks about 16 y/o

And kinda like Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick).

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

In your best Ben Stein voice, "Joyner... Joyner.... Joyner...."

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Are you opening 1 1988 pack a week or something? Get crackin!

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

If I remember correctly the Comstock error was a tough pull. I can remember getting about 5 Leiter errors to 1 Comstock error. I can't remember what I did last week but 30 year old pack rips are still fresh.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

That is a great start with that red slash, check the back of any Orioles team leaders cards you pull and look for the all orange back a it's very though card to find.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dennis07 said:
    If I remember correctly the Comstock error was a tough pull. I can remember getting about 5 Leiter errors to 1 Comstock error. I can't remember what I did last week but 30 year old pack rips are still fresh.

Nothing wrong with that. Kind of like your first love. ;)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

There will be more to come! I have a case of this stuff...and then some.