Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finding and posting findings with questions

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll start with my finding.

I found this Lincoln Cent , looking at old wheaties, in my spare time. ( at a coin shop )
And I get a lot of spare time.

Is this a 1912-S , or a D over S ? Or grease filled die ?

I don't know. Maybe you can tell or show anything you find or have found that is perplexing.



.

Comments

  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    PMD
    Welcome to the Forum
    :)

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Swampboy said:
    PMD
    Welcome to the Forum
    :)

    ? Welcome? This was posted today. Looks like a D and pmd but it is odd. So much wear it is hard to tell.

  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Oh boy, it's hard to distinguish !!! :)

    Timbuk3
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2018 4:15PM

    @Swampboy said:
    PMD
    Welcome to the Forum
    :)

    OK. Roadkill Lincoln.

  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Welcome - may your stay here be pleasant and educational.

    Your coin is what we call a "mint mark fantastic"

  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'll guess 1912-D.

  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's a 12-S The damage hides it, but if you look close at the upper loop, there is a serif there. And inside the serif, you can see the flaw that all S Cents from 1912 exhibit.

    It is the same mintmark punch that the 1909-S V.D.B. has.

    Anyway, that's my guess.

    Pete

    "I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Definitely an S mint mark... the blob looks like a D, however, I would vote for PMD.... Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,227 ✭✭✭✭✭





    Every picture tells a story.

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    "Every picture tells a story."....And each picture raises questions....without answers. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

    That's the super rare 1912-S die chip S. You're going to be RICH ! ! !

    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file