Russian fake news. lol

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting !!! ;)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good post.... I see it every day.... and it seems to be getting worse. I blame it on the sad state of education today. My wife teaches at the college (yep, I married a professor)....and she tells me of the state of incoming students - lack of knowledge or even the ability to think and reason for themselves. One can see why primitive cultures were filled with beliefs in supernatural beings etc.. The mental laziness of people is diminishing our culture and civility. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 8:13AM

Ricko, my wife is an elementary school teacher, you would not believe how bad it is even at that beginning state. And don't get me started on how curriculum has changed to cater away from critical thinking and problem solving in lieu of advancement at any cost. It's worse every year, by design.

That video barely glosses over it.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Good post.... I see it every day.... and it seems to be getting worse. I blame it on the sad state of education today. My wife teaches at the college (yep, I married a professor)....and she tells me of the state of incoming students - lack of knowledge or even the ability to think and reason for themselves. One can see why primitive cultures were filled with beliefs in supernatural beings etc.. The mental laziness of people is diminishing our culture and civility. Cheers, RickO

Yup...gone is the ability for critical, logical, reasonable and original thinking. We all like to he spoon-fed soundbites. This does however, open a tremendous opportunity for those who can and pass along those traits.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

I think that may be the whole point of the current education system. Keep the masses uninformed, content, debt ridden and paying taxes. Why else would K-12 grades avoid teaching basic economics, personal finance and the power of compound interest?

I graduated college in 2010. 95% of the skills I paid tens of thousands of dollars for have been irrelevant since the day I received my diploma. From my experience, college molds you into being a good little drone for Corporate America and is a liberal indoctrination camp.