Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Not sure whether I lost a $30 coin or a $100 coin.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mid grade classic commem has gone MIA. Was looking at it a few days ago.

Kicker is that it has a gold CAC sticker which raises the perceived value about $70.

They always turn up... if doesn't though, I'll go with the thirty bucks.

;)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 31, 2018 2:40PM

I remember reading the little tag that comes with the gold sticker that says "you struck it rich"!

I'll keep looking.

Updated... Found!

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a picture of your coin?

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't you just go to the last place you had the coin, and get it?

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think I own CAC coin... Good to hear you found the coin that was MIA. That is something I suspect we have experienced and there is a level of fear and discomfort until it is found.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s see the coin. :)

• Options
    edited August 31, 2018 3:21PM

@markelman1125 said:

Sure...give me a couple minutes to image it.

Stickers seem to scan green but is indeed Gold.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was probably in the LAST place that you looked.
    That's what always happens to me ! ;)

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure this has happened to almost everyone who has been collecting for decades. you just get preoccupied with so many different things going on and just forget where you put it

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Mid grade classic commem has gone MIA. Was looking at it a few days ago.

Kicker is that it has a gold CAC sticker which raises the perceived value about $70.

They always turn up... if doesn't though, I'll go with the thirty bucks.

;)

Based on my own experience..............they do not always turn up............but I'm still looking and waiting for a few that a poltergeist has mischievously hidden from me :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@markelman1125 said:

Sure...give me a couple minutes to image it.

Stickers seem to scan green but is indeed Gold.

There it is!

Just check your scanner!

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

The dog most likely moved it, except I don't have a dog.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

There it is!

Just check your scanner!

**Perhaps a 3-D Printer can be attached to the scanner to re create it ? :smile: **

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I would interview the cat again. Guarantee the can knows something.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean CAC doesn't put RFID in the stickers so they can find all the coins?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe most of us have misplaced/lost a coin at one time or another...I had lost my $5 Indian for two and a half years (told the story here a couple of times). Can be a tad stressful depending on the coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    uscoinguyuscoinguy Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

The worst case is when I sell a coin on eBay and then can't find it. This has happened a few times and instant panic sets in. So far I have always found them- usually it is because they are in the wrong storage box. :/

Always trying to learn more
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we gonna have to attach a hub cap to that slab like it is a gas station bathroom key? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file