Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What went? eBay 15% off - 8/28 Edition

Just thought this could be a fun thread. If you’re a seller, what did you sell? If you’re a buyer, what did you buy? Or if you’re more like me, what did you lose from your watch list?

Gone is a 1954 NY journal American Mantle, a 1948 Bowman Berra, a 2011 Topps Update Trout, 2x 1956 Topps 135 Mantle, 1962 Topps Torre, 1936 Goudey Wide Pen DiMaggio/McCarthy, 1984 Topps Mattingly

Each was on my list (most PSA, some raw) for a 15/20 off day but I ultimately couldn’t pull the trigger. Still have a lot on the watch list but sad to see these guys go, though happy for the new owners...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Got this

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold: Nothing
    Bought: 2 cheap cards + 10k penny sleeves
    Watch List: Nothing disappeared other than auctions that ended

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

On presale, bought a case of 16 blasters of 2018 Topps Heritage high series. $289.99 before the coupon, $246.49 after. Free shipping, no tax, no driving all over town hoping to hit the retail stores on the right day... Thank you, eBay.

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold : Nothing
    Bought: Maxed the coupon with additions to my 70's Sabres run.
    Watchlist: Nothing dissapeared so far that I've noticed.

Kevin

Kevin

• kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i'm never one to toot my own horn, but i can't resist because this rarely, if ever, happens in my collecting world. hooked this /25, pop 2 Rors last night for roughly 1/3 of my snipe. subtract the freebie $100 and i ended up paying 40 cents on the dollar for what this exact card sold for raw back in 2015. my head is on a swivel this morning preparing to be arrested for grand larceny. thank you end of golf season and thank you tiger woods cards for creating the perfect diversion

I like how you hooked that golf card.

"You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought
    as a Red Sox fan and someone who bought these in the stores as a kid back in the day

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Bought a PSA 9 68 Seaver.

• MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I bought a hodgepodge of relatively cheap cards to begin with for three of my resgistry sets. When the dust settled, I ended up saving over 40 bucks. I am pleased!

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a 2014 Topps Heritage high number factory sealed set.

One BIN - 2011 Topps Update Trout PSA 9 - ended on my watch list.

Robb

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2018 1:49PM

Posted in the August Pickups thread.
    1984 Fleer Update uncut. Gonna get it framed.

Andy

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a few - nothing major but love those 8.5s

Very cool on the ‘84 fleer update uncut!

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@CARDSINLOSANGELES said:

@alifaxwa2 said:
    Got this

that is the coolest thing i have ever seen

These are not the droids you are looking for....move along!

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i'm never one to toot my own horn, but i can't resist because this rarely, if ever, happens in my collecting world. hooked this /25, pop 2 Rors last night for roughly 1/3 of my snipe. subtract the freebie $100 and i ended up paying 40 cents on the dollar for what this exact card sold for raw back in 2015. my head is on a swivel this morning preparing to be arrested for grand larceny. thank you end of golf season and thank you tiger woods cards for creating the perfect diversion

I never liked Rory Mcllroy after I found out he broke off his engagement with Caroline Wozniacki and even worse, he did it over the phone--that being said, his loss and yours too!!! :D (Enjoy your card though! :) )

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 That Aaron Special looks perfect...any idea why it wasn’t a 96?

Thanks Paul. Do not have it in hand yet. Will let you know if I see anything in person.

• rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up a better looking PSA 9 Patrick Roy Topps rookie than the one I bought with the last 15% off:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

Wow that Roy looks perfect.

• SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Been on a non sport binge lately...ought 3 boxes of Topps Fright Flicks BBCE Wrapped.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY

Aaron special in hand and I do believe it would not look out of place in a 9 holder. I have 3 of the Specials now all in SGC 92 and this is the nicest. Two of the three are recent acquisitions from EBay discounts.