or perhaps NFL cheerleader auditions???

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018 3:28PM

@galaxy27 said:
    did they go on a 7-day cruise together?

I'm here. I just spent 11 days in the hospital,over half in ICU,with pneumonia/ legionnaire's disease. I'm home now and feeling a 1000 times better than i did going in.
    If Steve's paying I'll definitely take that cruise ;)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Speak English man. ;)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

I'm here. I just spent 11 days in the hospital,over half in ICU,with pneumonia/ legionnaire's disease. I'm home now and feeling a 1000 times better than i did going in.

Hi Eric - Sounds brutal. I'm glad you're now feeling a 1000 times better.

If I'm remembering right, I think that disease was first discovered in Philadelphia when a group of American Legion members got it, hence the name of the disease. Those clever germs, always trying to mutate into something stronger so that our medicine won't affect them.

BTW - The cruise tickets were refundable, so we can reschedule that right after the NFL cheerleader auditions.

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

Hi Eric - Sounds brutal. I'm glad you're now feeling a 1000 times better.

If I'm remembering right, I think that disease was first discovered in Philadelphia when a group of American Legion members got it, hence the name of the disease. Those clever germs, always trying to mutate into something stronger so that our medicine won't affect them.

BTW - The cruise tickets were refundable, so we can reschedule that right after the NFL cheerleader auditions.

I actually do know that it was first found in Philly, I came home last night then this morning spent awhile researching it. It was brought on by my AC and in a way my family was pretty lucky because they were visiting my sister in Germany for 2 weeks and during that time i put our AC in the window then got sick. Thank god they weren't home at the time.

I can say though that an unexpected side effect to getting sick was I lost 20+lbs so I should look great in my cheerleading outfit B)

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I can say though that an unexpected side effect to getting sick was I lost 20+lbs so I should look great in my cheerleading outfit B)

Glad to hear your doing well now and nobody seems to like my quick weight loss tips of contracting dysentery or Montezuma's for losing 15-25 pounds in 3-4 days. Keto isn't quite that fast, but is working well for my son.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good case of food poisoning - if you’re only looking for 10-15 - is always a good bet, too.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@erikthredd said:

Glad to hear your doing well now and nobody seems to like my quick weight loss tips of contracting dysentery or Montezuma's for losing 15-25 pounds in 3-4 days. Keto isn't quite that fast, but is working well for my son.

I only got weighed twice about midway thru my stay there and I honestly think i was closer to 30lbs than 20. My last 3 days there I literally ate twice as much food with each meal. One good thing about hospital food is they'll give you as much as you want although the food itself wasn't that great at all.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018 6:04PM

@erikthredd said:

i second what larkin said -- really great to read that you're feeling better bud.

btw i caught wind of the Pats cutting Kenny Britt today, so here's hoping for an even speedier recovery bc I think NE will need you to show up for open tryouts due to the fact that they are down to like one receiver on the entire roster

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

i second what larkin said -- really great to read that you're feeling better bud.

btw i caught wind of the Pats cutting Kenny Britt today, so here's hoping for an even speedier recovery bc I think NE will need you to show up for open tryouts due to the fact that they are down to like one receiver on the entire roster

Thanks. You wouldn't catch me trying to go across the middle of the field with Brady throwing to me. Give me a nice safe job like punter lol.
    They are getting really really thin at WR though. If Chris Hogan goes down in the first 4 weeks they're screwed unless they decide to morph into a run first team with Brady making plays off the play action. One of the guys they're banking on at WR is Cordarelle Patterson whose never really been considered a WR,more as a great return man.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Britt wasn't going to stick with the team. It was widely reported he was wearing headphones while at training camp . listening to music at practice aint going to cut it with bill