Home Metal Detecting
Options

Limped across the finish line... silver 1,000 is here

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 21, 2018 8:14PM in Metal Detecting

Was stuck at 999 silver coins since getting back into detecting and figured silver beach was the best bet.
Took a long time but finally got it. It’s a merc, I think 1942.
Also got a 1964 Roosevelt, small sterling part of ID bracelet and a very small sterling catholic charm. The 1942p war nickel broke as I was rubbing it off. Didn’t know it was a wtn until I got home.

So I limped to the milestone. Definitely done with silver beach for now. Will search for a new beach next.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the silver.... What an amazing haul. I never saw a war nickel break before... I wonder why.... You are looking for a new beach, however, I find it hard to believe you can find one to equal the Silver Beach... That being said, I certainly hope you do find one that equals or exceeds your former treasure site. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

How weird about that nickel. Salt water is an unrelenting corrosive. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. My 1000th silver dime was a 42 Mercury. Funny coincidence

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, cool, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

Congrats! You are only 976 silvers ahead of me! :p

I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go!

Yet to find silver.

Early days.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTG. With the all the finds you've had number 1000 should be a 1942/1 Mercury