Home Precious Metals
Options

Bought some junk today

SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the B&M store this morning and bought some junk silver quarters and dimes. Got them home and was about to just drop them into the junk bag and thought well I'll just look them over real quickly. Nothing special except an 1854O seated dime with arrows. Full Liberty about a 12, but had a rim ding. Just set it aside in a flip. Lesson learned, always check your junk silver.

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes...because we need more "too good for junk...not good enough to have encapsulated " examples! :)

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet, ended up with 3 seated dimes in a bulk junk purchase recently. Fine at best and common date but nice surprise when I was expecting pre 65 Roosies

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

Awesome find. I never get that lucky.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Sweet, ended up with 3 seated dimes in a bulk junk purchase recently. Fine at best and common date but nice surprise when I was expecting pre 65 Roosies

Those sound pretty rare If you only had a coin shop .............in Arizona ..............you could sell those , do you disagree? :#

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find.... Junk silver does sometimes produce surprises.... I have not been so lucky, but still hoping to find a CC Morgan in a junk bag... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

Those sound pretty rare If you only had a coin shop .............in Arizona ..............you could sell those , do you disagree? :#

Your killing me Bronco2078. Not going there, far too much trouble here already. Peace

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold some junk. Was that you ?

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in SC. Bought it at a jewelry strore. Probably not unless your name is Tom.