Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Eagle pricing?

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are the best deals on ASEs these days?

Comments

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

BU or Proof ?

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@Kkathyl said:
    BU or Proof ?

BU rolls.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best pricing is to open a coin shop and pay 50% of melt :D

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

sure is

Yesterday , guy calls at 9:05 and has a roll of silver eagle he wants to sell. I inform him we open at 10, but if he needs me too, ill come on down and buy them. He said" no, I have to catch a ride , it will be 10 before I can come in anyway" Later about 11:30, guy still had not show up , but the other dealer(gold shop) guy calls me and says he just bought a roll of eagles off the street for 10 bucks each. So I called the guy back who didn't show up and flat out asked, are you the one who sold the roll across town at 10 bucks each, he said yup? , I said well you just took one up the , we would have paid you 15 each.
    the dealer you sold them too, is bring them over here

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2018 6:35AM

$17. I ordered through Dorado Trade Group. Formerly NTR. But they got in a jam (NTR) because an aggressive buyer of theirs was bypassing import regs. ( my understanding).

I find it amusing that so many think a coin shop has them for less. Dealers may get a steep discount on Eagles , occasionally , but we still have a fair factor to play by. ( I would think).

Oh those were random date rolls Tom. Sealed monster boxes are more.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

good idea, but not worth the hassle for a few rolls.> @TwoSides2aCoin said:

$17. I ordered through Dorado Trade Group. Formerly NTR. But they got in a jam (NTR) because an aggressive buyer of theirs was bypassing import regs. ( my understanding).

I find it amusing that so many think a coin shop has them for less. Dealers may get a steep discount on Eagles , occasionally , but we still have a fair factor to play by. ( I would think).

He says that coin shops can often buy them for less so if I opened a shop with the intent of buying I'd get them for less. So it's buying as a coin shop vs buying from a coin shop.

• Options

How many shops get adequate silver eagle inventory just from what walks in the door as opposed to buying them from an AP or other supplier?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

good idea, but not worth the hassle for a few rolls.> @TwoSides2aCoin said:

He says that coin shops can often buy them for less so if I opened a shop with the intent of buying I'd get them for less. So it's buying as a coin shop vs buying from a coin shop.

exactly , if you were a dedicated stacker the best idea would be to open a shop that doesn't need to earn a profit. I know a guy that tried it but it didn't work out . You have no control over what the public wants to sell and he had to take potluck. Metal was either coming at him to quickly or too slowly or not enough of the kind he liked.

Plus of course it was a falling market and its hard to judge for everyone when to get in and out obviously. He also ran afoul of some drug related issues . Not his own but people sold him stolen items which were clawed back from him by the local police leaving him out the funds and the metal.

I suppose you might decide to be a very choosy vest pocket bullion accumulator. Pick your spots , pass on the stuff you don't like and keep no records. Gee I wonder if anyone has ever tried that before ? :D

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

buy them on ebay during bonus buck period. They are bullion but you can find them listed in non-bullion category. It's the only way I buy tubes.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than the above noted sources, I have not seen them at bargain prices on the random market. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@derryb said:
    buy them on ebay during bonus buck period. They are bullion but you can find them listed in non-bullion category. It's the only way I buy tubes.

Pretty hard to do when you don't get bonus bucks. And I've got all my settings the way they're supposed to be.

• Options

@ricko said:
    Other than the above noted sources, I have not seen them at bargain prices on the random market. Cheers, RickO

I found them for less than what those 3 listed prices were.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're not abject to maples, provident has a pretty good deal going on. Cheaper even with a CC than the Eagles best cash price of the usual big PM online dealers that I saw today.

https://www.providentmetals.com/featured/specials.html

• Options

I was looking because a friend wants some; not in the market for any myself at this time.

• Options

Already found and ordered some for their cash price. Not a bad deal a tall tho.