Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I am struck by the silence................

Where is the Beep-beep-beep sound of all those posters who said they would back up the trucks if silver got below $20....below $18....below $16......below $15..........

Now it is in the lower $14s and all I hear is silence.....................

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

you might read some of the other threads. Some people are saying just that.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's always hard to find enough trucks for all those who ...say... they want to back one up. ;)

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

some collectors might be in shock

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such comments are sometimes an attempt to hype a falling market so the price will rise and they can dump what they have. It doesn't work.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2manycoins2fewfunds said:
    Where is the Beep-beep-beep sound of all those posters who said they would back up the trucks if silver got below $20....below $18....below $16......below $15..........

Now it is in the lower $14s and all I hear is silence.....................

Were you really expecting to hear the sound of a back-up alarm of a truck? That was hyperbole. People that stack silver do so quietly for security reasons. Most silver stackers are quietly taking advantage of silver being on sale and are quietly buying more silver as much as their finances permit. I sure know that I am.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 2:49PM

@PerryHall said:
    Most silver stackers are quietly taking advantage of silver being on sale and are quietly buying more silver as much as their finances permit. I sure know that I am.

And if you were me, where would you store it? In some kind of safe? Where would Ikeep the safe, if I were you? And what would a good combination be to use for the safe? ;):p

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@PerryHall said:
    Most silver stackers are quietly taking advantage of silver being on sale and are quietly buying more silver as much as their finances permit. I sure know that I am.

And if you were me, where would you store it? In some kind of safe? Where would Ikeep the safe, if I were you? And what would a good combination be to use for the safe? ;):p

If one does not know the answer, one should NOT be buying pms.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are at the ANA show backing up the truck ;) Maybe we will hear some great purchases when people write their show reports.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of folks are trying to figure out if they're catching a falling knife.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

1,2,3,4,5 is always a good combination, I use it on my luggage.

Seriously though...I have not yet bought my measly annual purchase of silver but will most likely soon due to the lower prices. I will advise though...without fail anytime I have made a purchase over the last several years prices have fallen. Maybe this year will be different...maybe not!

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some today and will buy more if the market continues to go down.
    The problem is finding supply at the lower levels.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still buying !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good time to buy....and it might get better. Sellers seem to be getting scarce though... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting until $13, then I'll get a few monster boxes...empty of course to put all my gold into...

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2018 7:24AM

@2manycoins2fewfunds said:

Right here :smile:
    I'm backing up the truck :smile:
    https://youtu.be/SyUxTedufSg

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ordered more....
    But to keep it numismatically related.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file