Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's it worth?

I hope this is the correct section for this subject. I found some modern proof/mint sets in a shoe box recently.
Please see the list below. No boxes or COAs for any of the sets.

1965 mint set in cello 5 coin set
2002 mint set in cello 5 coin set
1999 Clad Proof State Quarter 5 coin set
2004 Silver Proof State Quarter 5 coin set
1978 Proof set
2002 Clad Proof set 5 coin set - No Quarters
2003 Clad Proof set 5 coin set - No Quarters
2003 Clad Proof set 5 coin set - No Quarters (duplicate)
2004 Clad Proof set 6 coin set - No Quarters
2005 Clad Proof set 6 coin set - No Quarters
2006 Clad Proof set 5 coin set - No Quarters

Any help with values would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not enough to quit your Job, however there are many sites and venues you can research to give ya a ballpark figure

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for the 1965 mint set ($6 or $7 retail) and the 2004 silver quarter set (about $15 retail), you can pretty much spend the rest, especially without boxes and COAs.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

What both above posts said.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the entire lot would not be enough to buy a new pair of shoes

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a good day most of those sets are worth very little even if they are in original packaging. Minus that, they are worth even less, If someone is looking to break coins out for singles or to make proof rolls, they might be worth slightly more than very little.

Without the packaging I assume the plastic cases are probably scratched as well, which would make these an even tougher sell.

Aside from the two sets with any sort of premium, start at face value on the rest and see how much more than that you can get for them. Some one might nibble.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The above inputs are correct..... I have many proof and mint sets that I collected from years past.... unlikely to recoup purchase price on most of them, if I were to sell. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MAN2004MAN2004 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Well, at least they will make nice packing material. Or, they might make nice small gifts for young collectors.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MAN2004 said:
    Well, at least they will make nice packing material. Or, they might make nice small gifts for young collectors.

Great Idea,

As a gift to young collectors or would be collectors, you may find a priceless smile to the young ins you gift them to

Steve

Promote the Hobby

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file