Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

VAMWorld 2.0 up and running!

messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2018 6:59AM in U.S. Coin Forum

As of last night, the migration of the old, Wikispaces-based VAMWorld to the new platform was declared complete enough* to redirect the vamworld.com domain to the new platform. The old VAMWorld was a wiki with discussion board hosted by Wikispaces, which is disappearing at the end of September. The new VAMWorld is running on an AWS EC2 instance, using MediaWiki for the wiki (like Wikipedia), and phpBB (open-source discussion board standard) for the discussion forum. While the installation, configuration, and maintenance is more involved than having it done by a site like Wikispaces, the chosen platform is about as standard as one can get and has a far richer feature set than Wikispaces ever did.

* "Complete enough" means that all information has been migrated, including pictures, although we expect that there'll be some formatting issues and perhaps some dead links that slipped through the automated conversion scripts. These issues, and others that will be encountered, will be dealt with individually.

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

All right! Thank you!!!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sir, are a rock star! THANK YOU!!!!!

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried looking up 1921 Peace Dollar VAMS, but all the 1921 Morgan VAMS came up. I'm sure it will be updated, just a matter of time. Thanks to all those that have contributed and updated VAM World.

thefinn
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to you and everyone else who worked to make this happen!!!

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thefinn said:
    I tried looking up 1921 Peace Dollar VAMS, but all the 1921 Morgan VAMS came up. I'm sure it will be updated, just a matter of time. Thanks to all those that have contributed and updated VAM World.

It's fixed now.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the information and your hard work for making this happen !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Timbuk3 said:
    Thanks for the information and your hard work for making this happen !!! :)

+1

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, thanks for all your efforts. I appreciate the ability to access numismatic info 24/7. VAM info is very compelling and adds much to studying Morgans. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

Thank you for all of your effort, this is such a great resource.

• Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the information. While I am not a VAM collector, it is a good reference. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like it and it loads VERY fast.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't reference it often but am grateful that it will be there when I do need it. Thank you very much.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very large undertaking and Messydesk and Co. deserve a lot of appreciation from collectors and those spotting counterfeits.

Well done!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file