Home Sports Talk
Options

How many pre season NFL games have you attended?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2018 12:28AM in Sports Talk

What was your strategy for staying awake?

Comments

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

just went to the Denver -Minnesota game Saturday. Kirk Cousins one series-the anointed man, made it worth the trip

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only one I ever attended was in 1994, San Diego Chargers and Houston Oilers in the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. I've long forgotten who "won" the game.

I did get a few autographs, all no-names, including Bobby Beathard by himself on a Chargers hat. Now that Bobby's in the Hall of Fame, however, not a bad pickup.

Steve

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

One. There will never be a second

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

one

my strategy was to get as drunk as i possibly could so i wouldn't have any idea where i was

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

One, I won the tickets in a raffle at my Union party and took my new Girlfriend at the time who never been to an NFL game. It was fun, had a few drinks and spent the entire time talking and paying zero attention to the stupid game

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 8:21AM

None and never will. I don't even watch the preseason games on tv, much less desire to actually go to one.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wish the Dallas Cowboys the best of luck in the preseason.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2018 12:15AM

The only reason I went to the one I did was because I had season tickets and they came with. I felt guilty about not using them. That is until I actually went to one. Ah, the Joey Harrington era. Good times

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PADIdiverPADIdiver Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

The teams or NFL shouldn't charge the same price as regular season tickets for these games... they should give them away for free, let families go with kids and start building the next generation of fans (of course you'd have to do autograph sessions, etc since the games may be meh)

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I do not watch exhibition football.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

what exactly is the point of this thread glick? Pre-season games of any sport are awful . Do you want the pre season phased out? If they do that then the first 4 regular season games will be awful .

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

None. I don't even watch them on TV. My only hope is that a star player on the Eagles or Patriots does not get injured and be lost for the season or even forever.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Season ticket holder from 63-83. Back in the old AFL days there were 6 preseason games. Never missed a game back them.
    Haven't seen a preseason game since 82 though. I think they were more interesting and guys got hurt less or my memory of injuries is non existent.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turned down a free ticket for the above mentioned Vikings game. Furthermore will turn down any free tickets to any upcoming preseason or regular season or post season games.

The game experience "circus" that goes on now is horrible. I'll watch on TV (regular and post season and maybe the third preseason game) and if the coverage ever goes to cable/satellite like the other sports, I'll pass.

I have better things to do than throw money at the television.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Pre-season games of any sport are awful .

MLB spring training games are fun, cheap, and the players are much more approachable pre/post game.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got offered a free ticket to the Falcons/Chiefs game this past Friday, declined.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once around 1978. Steelers at Jets.
    I pay zero attention to anything preseason NFL.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to a preseason NHL game a year or two ago.
    I was shocked. You'd never know it was preseason.
    All out full tilt with many top names playing a lot of minutes.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sparky64 said:
    I went to a preseason NHL game a year or two ago.
    I was shocked. You'd never know it was preseason.
    All out full tilt with many top names playing a lot of minutes.

I remember going to Bruins pre season games in the late 70's early 80's. You could walk into the Garden and buy a ticket for todays game for under $10 . You could watch them warm up , they would flip pucks to people , autograph stuff . That was pretty cool actually

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    what exactly is the point of this thread glick? Pre-season games of any sport are awful . Do you want the pre season phased out? If they do that then the first 4 regular season games will be awful .

My threads rarely have a particular point. Rather I like to pick up feedback from the gentleman of the forum. In Detroit I was good for a Lions game a season. Don't recall any of my friends going to a PS game. Had to be a season ticket thing.

Not long before Russ died, he was invited to a pre season Seahawks game. As a dedicated fan of the team, he seemed pretty excited to visit the Clink to watch them play.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

One time. 1982 Browns vs Lions.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Once per year for about 25 years. Part of the season ticket package. If you are interested in looking at new prospects, this is where they get exposure. The games themselves are just extended scrimmages, but that is understood.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷