Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

With the Big Mac tokens now all gone...

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still buy a 50th Anniversary Big Mac Casio Watch :D

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Ideally that band would expand.

There's enough notches on the band for any Big Mac lover to expand.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

I draw the line somewhere.....

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what time is it really?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why but seeing that watch made me think of big Mac boxer shorts. I have to tell my psychiatrist about this. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 6:38AM

What I find is unusual is that the date and time on the watch is the same as the watch printed on the lid of the tin in the OP.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    What I find is unusual is that the date and time on the watch is the same as the watch printed on the lid of the tin in the OP.

Hehe and Sunday 6/30/2018 was a Saturday :wink:

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 7:15AM

@OldEastside said:

@oih82w8 said:

Hehe and Sunday 6/30/2018 was a Saturday :wink:

Steve

Nice observation...it wont be until next year that 6/30 is on a Sunday...talk about "springing forward".

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i could see the franchise owners getting one of these, but I would never wear it. if they only made a few, it could be a collectible I guess

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the token give-away over, some people will have to go on a diet.

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 8:07AM

;) Mine will end today 6pm HST B)

@Sonorandesertrat said:
    With the token give-away over, some people will have to go on a diet.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

That watch is "cool" !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2018 5:14AM

I know the hype on these tokens will go down eventually. Gonna wait for that and get the other 3 for a complete set. Should be down to about .99 by then.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an old Timex heart rate monitor watch that looks similar minus the burger stuff. I like the tin more. I'm going to keep my eye out for the can at our local flea market. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Big Mac tokens are all gone??? Really??? Darn.... and I have not even been to the MacDonald's here yet....Well, now I do not need to go.....Are we sure they are gone? :o
    Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like the watch as well.

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Rastafarian look to that watch. Might be hot fire in the dancehall.

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CommemKing said:
    I ate one Big Mac last week in an attempt to get a coin. They were out of coins. I would not have got that Big Mac knowing they had no coins.

You took one for the team. Well done! :p

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CommemKing said:
    I ate one Big Mac last week in an attempt to get a coin. They were out of coins. I would not have got that Big Mac knowing they had no coins.

I made sure to ask in advance. That was my first question when UI walked in. I had my getaways planned incase they said "no".

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

@Coinshowman said:
    The Big Mac watch is more interesting than the Hansen watch.

I think I recall something recently about Hansen making a comeback ? If so then, yes, ANYTHING, is more interesting than the Hansen Watch.

💣

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file