Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

To remove the peace or not to remove.. that is the question

To remove the silver peace from the belt buckle or not??? Decisions decisions. I just got an amazing deal on several coin buckles. The Morgan doesn't interest me much and would actually come out easily, but the other has me intrigued and I really want to see the back. I just dont want to damage the buckle if it's of no value or fake. I Also got a 74 Eisenhower, but I'm fairly certain it is worth far more resale sitting where it is in the cheap buckle. Even if it's of no value I'm thinking of buying a side by side buckle and placing the Morgan and peace on the same buckle since they are both 21s.

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would leave them as the buckles with the coins are worth more than the coins or the buckles alone.

Coins are polished with rim damage anyway.

By the way those things are massive! :D

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the buckles silver? Most I see are nickel-silver.
    I would leave them as is.

thefinn
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no point to temper just to see their reverse.....for sure they are probably as worn as the obverse :/
    Preserve the buckles and buy similar coins for you observation :)

• Options

I'm not sure, I still really like the idea of putting them both together. Or I could just sell the buckles and use the money to buy myself a better specimen. Lol

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I would sell them and buy a coin that you like.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd leave it as is !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let it be.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can show the rev of each that would be nice. Also, are the buckles silver and any smithy markings? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it in buckle.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell on BST and buy what you like. Too much hassle, ripping them apart and remounting on another buckle. They'll sell quickly if you price them right.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it in, Its part of Western Folklore

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave them as is....The coins are too far gone for real numismatic value.... Are the buckles silver? Probably not....Sell them and buy a coin you like. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like somebody already wore the peace out of it.

• Options

The buckles are relatively cheap buckles. Not worth much of anything on their own. And I live in the bible belt so big buckles aren't a problem by any means. lol. Thanks for the advice everyone!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, it's best left as is at this point.

• Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭

Wonder if Dcarr could restrike it for you. B) That would be worth removing it !

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

no I would leave it

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Let it be.

Sounds like a Beatles song and I agree.

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

being a vam guy for 1921 peace dollars the only curiosity I would have is if it is a vam 1a or vam 3. but I would suggest selling as is.

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't remove. Its harshly polished. Looks good in the buckle.

The '21 has some attractive toning. Nice buckles.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not remove it..... as is...it's a nice looking piece.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file