Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

usacoinbook.com

usacoinbook.com - I'm thinking about doing some selling there instead of ebay. 2% fee, plus paypal fees, plus you have to pay their paypal fees (?) - either way, it's cheaper than ebay.

So.. I signed up, got everything set up, went to list a Lincoln Dansco set... Here we go, my very first auction there.. I select the category - small cents>lincolns>wheat.......... and it just gives a list of every date from 1909-1958 and I'm supposed to select one, as if all I can sell are individual coins. I don't see any way to put a set up in that category. I think I could use the generic 'collections' category, but I'd rather not. Not off to a good start.

Anyone sell there? Is the site really this poorly thought out? I dunno, maybe I should give it another shot.. ?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had not known about this site... Will look at it... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

You may consider listing them here as well @CoinCoins ... for no fee? Good luck :)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't heard of them. The advantage of eBay is it gets more traffic, it sure is not the least expensive route.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your attempt to avoid eBay fees may well result in other problems. You need to research the alternate site before you list anything. I had never heard of it before your post.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good information, thanks !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never heard of it and that means a lot of other people have not. This means less traffic and less people bidding, resulting in a lower selling price.

I would do more research before listing.

Good luck. Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've purchased two DBLCs from two different sellers on USA Coin Book. Both coins - as well as their delivery - met with my satisfaction. I check the site once in a while but seldom are there new listings. A lot of what I see there is over-priced and has apparently been collecting dust for a long time.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    SAM5969SAM5969 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

If a seller sells an item which is being offered other places for sale I don’t see a way to cancel a sale .. or if there’s a listing error where it’s listed for an extraordinary and obviously wrong price (ie listing a coin for the shipping price accidentally ), I don’t see an option to cancel sale ? Is there ?
    Thanks Scott

imageimage
  • Options
    SAM5969SAM5969 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2021 4:48AM

And to everyone saying they get less traffic and to not list there .. sure .. agreed .. in auction format. But it sure can’t hurt to list fixed priced (BIN) items there
    Flat price is flat price .. personally I prefer a 2% seller fee over 15+% all in with eBay
    But that’s just me

Like most of you I just heard of them a couple weeks ago and just listed some raw better date Morgan’s there
    Unfortunately for me I listed an 1892-0 VF for $1.95 when $1.95 was supposed to be the shipping charge .. of course a buyer immediately bought it
    I don’t see any way of recourse or at least an offer to cancel sale . I sent the buyer an email explaining what happened (like they don’t already know it’s clearly a mistake when melt value alone is $21). In good faith I offered them a $10 discount off the real price of $48. No response yet from the buyer
    Messaged coinbookusa help asking if there’s anything I can do and still waiting for supper to answer
    ( I just emailed them an hour ago)

imageimage
  • Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinCoins said:
    usacoinbook.com - I'm thinking about doing some selling there instead of ebay. 2% fee, plus paypal fees, plus you have to pay their paypal fees (?) - either way, it's cheaper than ebay.

So.. I signed up, got everything set up, went to list a Lincoln Dansco set... Here we go, my very first auction there.. I select the category - small cents>lincolns>wheat.......... and it just gives a list of every date from 1909-1958 and I'm supposed to select one, as if all I can sell are individual coins. I don't see any way to put a set up in that category. I think I could use the generic 'collections' category, but I'd rather not. Not off to a good start.

Anyone sell there? Is the site really this poorly thought out? I dunno, maybe I should give it another shot.. ?

I browse and purchase there regularly.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SAM5969 said:
    And to everyone saying they get less traffic and to not list there .. sure .. agreed .. in auction format. But it sure can’t hurt to list fixed priced (BIN) items there
    Flat price is flat price .. personally I prefer a 2% seller fee over 15+% all in with eBay
    But that’s just me

Buy it now is king!

I've made buying mistakes there. I asked the seller to cancel. Folks seem to be more realistic on that site.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve used the site recently to find old and out of business holders. So far, all great experiences with good sellers.

Tim

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SAM5969 said:
    But that’s just me

Like most of you I just heard of them a couple weeks ago and just listed some raw better date Morgan’s there
    Unfortunately for me I listed an 1892-0 VF for $1.95 when $1.95 was supposed to be the shipping charge .. of course a buyer immediately bought it
    I don’t see any way of recourse or at least an offer to cancel sale . I sent the buyer an email explaining what happened (like they don’t already know it’s clearly a mistake when melt value alone is $21). In good faith I offered them a $10 discount off the real price of $48. No response yet from the buyer
    Messaged coinbookusa help asking if there’s anything I can do and still waiting for supper to answer

🤔

Ken
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SAM5969 said:
    But that’s just me

Technically if you made a mistake while listing, there is no legal contract of sale because there was no "meeting of the minds" in terms of coming to an agreement on price. Platform rules may differ. :)

My advice is ship it and own your mistake. $30 errors suck but could be a lot worse.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file