Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heads up~ 15% off coupon on ebay with app, starts tomorrow ( 8AM ET Nov21, 2018 until 8pm )

TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 20, 2018 10:04PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Link below.
https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1121/70319.html
Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money. However some sellers do list coins under collectible ;)

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

But no coins huh?

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins and paper money categories not eligible, correct?

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken said:
    Coins and paper money categories not eligible, correct?

Yep, that's what the fine print at the link says.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

sellers have coins in these categories-
    Collectibles
    >
    Wholesale Lots
    >
    Other Collectible Lots
    these coins are eligible for the 15 percent promo

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

@coinpalice
    Collectibles
    >
    Wholesale Lots
    >
    Other Collectible Lots

I tried to buy this coin in collectibles--
    Collectibles
    >
    Postcards
    >
    Holidays
    >
    See more 1881 S Morgan Silver Dollar Ms64 PCGS 283077924705

Didn't want this coin, but tried to see if PRONTO15 worked or not. Got this RED message: _Looks like this code isn't ready yet. Please try again later.

_

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    jmbjmb Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

:) Thanks !!!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feel free to buy my discount postage at 15% off! It's already price at 65 to 67% of face value with denominations up to 34 cents. Take 15% off of that and you are paying 55%!

Do you think I'd get into trouble if I listed some gold bullion under jewelry? After all, you could turn it INTO jewelry! :wink:

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken said:
    @coinpalice
    Collectibles
    >
    Wholesale Lots
    >
    Other Collectible Lots

I tried to buy this coin in collectibles--
    Collectibles
    >
    Postcards
    >
    Holidays
    >
    See more 1881 S Morgan Silver Dollar Ms64 PCGS 283077924705

Didn't want this coin, but tried to see if PRONTO15 worked or not. Got this RED message: _Looks like this code isn't ready yet. Please try again later.

_

The promo hasn’t started yet (8 AM PST = 11 EST = 10 CST...etc)

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the link!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I had a decent coupon that couldn't be used on coins, I bought postage. Lots of 44c and 39c stamps. A small bag of 5c-8c stamps, and a bunch in between. I sent out a package last week covered in 33c bugs and spiders, then realized that could really freak someone out.

• Options

this coupon is still not posted on my home page. I usually get a e mail from e bay on the coupon too, that has not been sent either

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked around for maximum economic benefit in the collectibles category; 1/2 gold with 15% coupon, $100 max., equates to a little over the metal price.

• Options

coupon just posted, it's a go

• Options

@coinpalice said:

That's because it is now after 8 a.m. on the west coast! :smile:

• Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up, TurboSnail. Appreciate it.

<html />
  • Options

Sorry about that folks, I didn't notice the west coast time, but it still would not work with Wayte Raymond Coin Albums under Collectibles after the correct time. It worked with some ad stuff, but not the albums.
    Jim

• Options

@jesbroken said:
    Sorry about that folks, I didn't notice the west coast time, but it still would not work with Wayte Raymond Coin Albums under Collectibles after the correct time. It worked with some ad stuff, but not the albums.
    Jim

Did it meet the minimum:

“This Coupon is a 15% discount off a minimum purchase of $25“

Also if the item is in two categories-one of those being coins-the coupon won’t work.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

picked up a gold eagle in collectibles.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any downside for sellers who list over there at the same price as on the coin section? You can buy with a $100 discount and sell without extra charges? It seems like an ideal opportunity.

• Options

@logger7 said:
    Is there any downside for sellers who list over there at the same price as on the coin section? You can buy with a $100 discount and sell without extra charges? It seems like an ideal opportunity.

If you have a store, the final value fees for coins&paper money are 6.15%. In collectibles it's 9.15%

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

If you have a store, the final value fees for coins&paper money are 6.15%. In collectibles it's 9.15%

True, but if you have a store you can list the coin under stamps and still pay 6.15% final value fees.

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

True, but if you have a store you can list the coin under stamps and still pay 6.15% final value fees.

True, but I don't know how hard eBay tries to punish people for fee avoidance. Although, in this case, it is less about fee avoidance and more about coupon usage. I mean, it's 4% for laptops. How much trouble would I get in if I sold a busted laptop with a free ounce of gold for $1300? LOL

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 12:18PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

True, but I don't know how hard eBay tries to punish people for fee avoidance. Although, in this case, it is less about fee avoidance and more about coupon usage. I mean, it's 4% for laptops. How much trouble would I get in if I sold a busted laptop with a free ounce of gold for $1300? LOL

I’m not sure. You could always try and report back to us. :)

As long as no one reported your listing, it would likely be fine.

My reasoning for listing it under stamps is that there is enough crossover between the two where few would notice much wrong. In the laptop category your listing might stick out more.

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 12:25PM

There will be a 10% Ebay Bucks ($150 min purchase) coin included this weekend.

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I’m not sure. You could always try and report back to us. :)

As long as no one reported your listing, it would likely be fine.

My reasoning for listing it under stamps is that there is enough crossover between the two where few would notice much wrong. In the laptop category your listing might stick out more.

Lord knows I have enough stamps. Check back tonight for the "Buy a 2 cent Columbian for $1300 and get a free ounce of gold." LOL.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

Thanks ,, great eye ..used max... B)B)B)B)

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, bought a vacuum for me new house. Boring but 15% cheaper.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:

How do you know this?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

great, I found something reasonable on a buy it now, hopefully it will still be available tomorrow

• Options

beep beep~

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought two bottles of perfume

• Options

thought I would sell some of my non-coin stuff with this coupon, I think the sales tax on e bay is making it very hard to sell anything

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check for an 1883-CC Morgan Under the Antiques category.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2018 10:15AM

@TurboSnail said:

UPDATE: Link is now live and giving you your answer.

Bonus bucks 11/27-11/28. Note the four digit month and day in the URL for those that want to save this link for future use. When you use it in the future just change the four digits to a future date, couple of different dates in the near future will give you an advanced heads up.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprised more people don't list in the collectables category when these 15% coupons hit. Anything that is even remotely reasonably priced (coins, bullion) is typically gone within minutes.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    Last time I had a decent coupon that couldn't be used on coins, I bought postage. Lots of 44c and 39c stamps. A small bag of 5c-8c stamps, and a bunch in between. I sent out a package last week covered in 33c bugs and spiders, then realized that could really freak someone out.

I just use my stamp collection :D:D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file