Home Precious Metals
Options

OT looking to buy a Ruger...............

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 9, 2018 8:59AM in Precious Metals

Mini 14 in Nato 5.56. Would prefer a mini ranch. If you have one I have some silver. Give me a PM with what you want and pics.
thanks, I'm a FFL (curios and relics).
bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice rifle.... Good luck. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a Winchester Model 24 12 ga. double barrel shotgun? It qualifies as a curio and relic as it was made in the 1950s. Just inherited and don't really need it...

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 9:20AM

• Options

mbogoman thanks and tempting but looking for a small varmint gun and I think the mini 14 is perfect.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've enjoyed the mini 14 for how compact and reliable they can be. For fun enjoyable shooting I've made the switch to a CZ 22 Hornet, accurate, but would have issues with dropping coyotes and such at a distance. Last gun my dad and I had bought together so I tend to baby it. With doing my own reloads the casings can last 8-10 reloads till the neck starts to become thin.

• Options

@Jinx86 said:
    I've enjoyed the mini 14 for how compact and reliable they can be. For fun enjoyable shooting I've made the switch to a CZ 22 Hornet, accurate, but would have issues with dropping coyotes and such at a distance. Last gun my dad and I had bought together so I tend to baby it. With doing my own reloads the casings can last 8-10 reloads till the neck starts to become thin.

I'm looking at coyote hunting next winter....for the pelts. .22 Hornet is a great round as well, very versatile for small game. i've never attempted to reload but do not hesitate to buy reloads when available.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like the mini 14 as well.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:

I love the 22 Hornet round :smile:

Cartridge Type: Rifle
    Height: 1.017"
    Width: 0.350"
    Average FPS: 2719
    Average Energy: 706
    Average Gr: 43
    Recoil: 0.54
    Power Rank: 1.17 of 20

The .22 Hornet was designed back in the 1920's and was based off the .22 WCF and makes for a good small varmint round if you can find a gun to shoot it. Being from the early part of the 1900s this round was used widely on the farms and ranches at a time when most Americans actually worked on the farms. Back when families as large as 6-12 people were normal.

Since the .22 Hornet's inception many other faster and more accurate rounds have been adopted by varmint hunters, but for the price you really can't beat the cost per round on the hornet, and if you happen to reload then they are even cheaper of course.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

5.56 rounds are about 10¢ a round....pretty cheap in my mind. Hornets are 50¢ or more per round. Nato 5.56 is available everywhere, Hornet rounds no so much. In addition the Hornet rifles are a bunch more money.....I'll stick with my original search, thanks.

bob

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2018 1:23PM

@AUandAG said:
    5.56 rounds are about 10¢ a round....pretty cheap in my mind. Hornets are 50¢ or more per round. Nato 5.56 is available everywhere, Hornet rounds no so much. In addition the Hornet rifles are a bunch more money.....I'll stick with my original search, thanks.

bob

I am not disagreeing [I never do that talking with fellow coin/firearm collectors but a quick search at 'Cabela's' shows
    5.56 Nato Bulk ammo is a little more than 50 cents per round while 22 Hornet in smaller lots is 20 cents per round.
    But I may be wrong :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ruger makes a very good firearm at good prices, but the only Rugers I have are a Mark II and a Security Six. Good luck in your quest.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:
    How about a Winchester Model 24 12 ga. double barrel shotgun? It qualifies as a curio and relic as it was made in the 1950s. Just inherited and don't really need it...

If that was a model 21 I would be tempted.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd get a good bolt action in 25-06 for better accuracy and power out to 500 yards for those wiley coyotes.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭

You might put your offer over at https://www.perfectunion.com the place for all things Mini 14. I'm over there with the same handle.

imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Ruger Mini 30; cheaper to shoot and knocks down larger things... 7.62 X 39

• Options

@rpw said:
    You might put your offer over at https://www.perfectunion.com the place for all things Mini 14. I'm over there with the same handle.

Will check it out.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer my 300 Winchester Magnum for vaporising varmints.
    At a steal for just five dollars a round.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:
    I prefer my 300 Winchester Magnum for vaporising varmints.
    At a steal for just five dollars a round.

My 50 cal will get out and get them, too. But, then I usually do not have any pelt left....!!

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2018 7:19PM

I'm happy with my 22 rifle. Fairly new. CZ455 Ultra Lux with 28 inch barrel. :)

Very quiet and I got it to save my ears.

The extra long barrel makes the open notch sights work fine.

I also appreciate the merits of the sometimes maligned Mini 14
    It will skip a 50 gal barrel at 400 yards at Camp Far West.

Good choice.

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

CZ makes quality!

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Screwed up. Didn't notice this was Precious Metals.

I better get a scope. ;)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    I'd get a good bolt action in 25-06 for better accuracy and power out to 500 yards for those wiley coyotes.

ACME makes a good example , also if you buy 3 they toss in a free anvil

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that I sell anything, but PM sent.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen...The GP100 is an excellent handgun... and those are nice grips. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ranger1202ranger1202 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@AUandAG check out armslist. Depends on your area obviously but I've had some luck trading PMs for guns on both sides. Mini 14 ranch is the perfect truck gun and easier to carry and store than AR15 imo.

• Options

@ranger1202 said:
    @AUandAG check out armslist. Depends on your area obviously but I've had some luck trading PMs for guns on both sides. Mini 14 ranch is the perfect truck gun and easier to carry and store than AR15 imo.

Never heard of armslist and will sure check out.

• Options
    ranger1202ranger1202 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:

@ranger1202 said:

Never heard of armslist and will sure check out.

It's pretty much like craigslist but for things that go bang. Like craigslist, be sure to meet up at a safe location.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's also gunbroker.com which is like eBay for guns and related items.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

GunBroker and GunsAmerica I'm familiar with and have use GunsAmerica to sell some off. Both great sites for sure.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:

@PerryHall said:

GunBroker and GunsAmerica I'm familiar with and have use GunsAmerica to sell some off. Both great sites for sure.

Also, auctionarms.com is a good site.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@AUandAG said:

@PerryHall said:

Also, auctionarms.com is a good site.

bookmarked them all!!

thanks!