1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 7, 2018 3:44PM in Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silly Me, I cant believe I didn’t see this coming

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next up, mandatory spots on NFL 53 person rosters will have to be given to women, handicapped, senior citizen and other classes of persons, just to make things fair and equitable.

The exact number of roster spots that will have to be so given will be determined by taking the percentages of the classes of persons in the general population of approximate 340,000,000 residents of the USA and applying those percentages to the 53 man NFL roster.

(Whether the above will ever happen is doubtful,...................... however what is not doubtful is that someone, somewhere, sometime will forcefully advocate for same and will receive social media and other media coverage over same. At a minimum there will be substantial discussion of the issue taking place across the country and the planet; with the end result that "awareness of this important issue" will be raised).

Ain't life in the USA in 2018 grand :)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as the men shave their legs, i've got no problem with it. :s

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    Next up, mandatory spots on NFL 53 person rosters will have to be given to women, handicapped, senior citizen and other classes of persons, just to make things fair and equitable.

The exact number of roster spots that will have to be so given will be determined by taking the percentages of the classes of persons in the general population of approximate 340,000,000 residents of the USA and applying those percentages to the 53 man NFL roster.

(Whether the above will ever happen is doubtful,...................... however what is not doubtful is that someone, somewhere, sometime will forcefully advocate for same and will receive social media and other media coverage over same. At a minimum there will be substantial discussion of the issue taking place across the country and the planet; with the end result that "awareness of this important issue" will be raised).

Ain't life in the USA in 2018 grand :)

Rosie O'Donnell might be able to start on some offensive lines.

• Options

It’s only a matter of time before woman are allowed to play in the NFL and the hard tackling will be banned, basically it will probably end up being Coed flag football

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

best news i've heard all day

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2018 6:36PM

Male cheerleaders ... What fun is that? Well no one saying you have to pay attention to them.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I swear on my dead pet goldfish's grave, Goldy who died after less than three days in the little fishbowl when i was a kid and I've been mourning ever since, if Topps produces a NFL male cheerleaders card set, i will never again buy another new Topps card.

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I quit watching last year.

• Options

Male cheerleaders "shaking their pom-poms" just doesn't sound right. :#

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    It’s only a matter of time before woman are allowed to play in the NFL and the hard tackling will be banned, basically it will probably end up being Coed flag football

Already there.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a "yawn" imogi for this topic. Pro football is not the same as college.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    We need a "yawn" imogi for this topic. Pro football is not the same as college.

Male cheerleaders in college and high school have been doing that for a long time. That's fine, getting all students involved rooting for the team and doing the pep rallies, etc. That's all cool. College and high school kids having fun.

But male cheerleaders in the NFL? Come on now NFL, this is a business, not a school.

The NFL just keeps shooting itself in the foot, again and again.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least they will be able to defend themselves from being molested . Isn't there some scandal about an NFL team encouraging cheerleaders on a calendar shoot to get naked for team sponsors ?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    At least they will be able to defend themselves from being molested . Isn't there some scandal about an NFL team encouraging cheerleaders on a calendar shoot to get naked for team sponsors ?

I know! Woman are completely powerless to say no to lude requests :D

• Options

I really didnt need another reason not to watch, but thank you anyway NFL. (No further love)

• Options

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

I know! Woman are completely powerless to say no to lude requests :D

Then again the male cheerleaders in Philly better be careful in the showers in case there is a sandusky or paterno lurking about :D

• Options

Are the Dallas Cowboys going to include men on the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders squad?

If so, I wonder what Debbie would think of that. B)

Further, will CMT continue broadcasting "DCC, Making The Team" in the future?

It would be compelling TV to see male wanna be DCCs from all over the country and the world show up, give it their all, compete for a spot and fail to make the team. Seeing the heartbreak these young men will suffer in learning that they did not reach their goal will bring the viewing audience to tears.

Then again for those young men who do make the team, the joy on their faces as they realize their hard work has finally paid off will bring joy to hearts of the viewing audience.

Those fortunate young men who make the squad can then look forward to all of the fun times that will be had in the coming year (including making new friends for a lifetime, performing on the field, making team sponsored public appearances and taking part in the creation of the team's annual calendar by jetting off to an exotic local for a photo shoot of the team members posing in the latest and hottest swim wear).

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    Are the Dallas Cowboys going to include men on the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders squad?

It would be compelling TV to see male wanna be DCCs from all over the country and the world show up, give it their all, compete for a spot and fail to make the team. Seeing the heartbreak these young men will suffer in learning that they did not reach their goal will bring the viewing audience to tears.

Then again for those young men who do make the team, the joy on their faces as they realize their hard work has finally paid off will bring joy to hearts of the viewing audience.

Those fortunate young men who make the squad can then look forward to all of the fun times that will be had in the coming year (including making new friends for a lifetime, performing on the field, making team sponsored public appearances and taking part in the creation of the team's annual calendar by jetting off to an exotic local for a photo shoot of the team members posing in the latest and hottest swim wear).

Easily the Post of the Day.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2018 11:56AM

@SanctionII said:

Male cheerleaders should be a hit in Dallas , its the second gayest NFL city , in fact some might say its gayer than San Fran , all the computer geeks are crowding out the natives there lately , and the geeks tend not to be gay or straight , they mostly obsess over weird Japanese cartoon characters

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

dimeman sure has been quiet since this news came out and im starting to get really nervous

if they pan to the sidelines of a DC game and i see him doing a herkie im quitting sports :s

• Options

I don't get surprised at too much any longer, but Dimeman as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, now that would surprise me...at least I think it would? LOL

• Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    best news i've heard all day

George!

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options

@1970s said:

@stevek said:
    I don't get surprised at too much any longer, but Dimeman as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, now that would surprise me...at least I think it would? LOL

In the Eagles first preseason game last night, the first touchdown for the Eagles this year was scored by a guy with the first name of Dallas.

I don't know about the Eagles I didn't see it but the other super bowl team looked awful last night. Watching Brian Hoyer at QB was depressing. When Brady pulls his version of the Brett Farve finale its not going to be pretty for us up here.

• Options

Biggest thing is not getting any stupid injuries. They need to trim the preseason schedule to 2 games

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Biggest thing is not getting any stupid injuries. They need to trim the preseason schedule to 2 games

uh uh Gate receipts + TV money = watch them expand it to 6 games $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

uh uh Gate receipts + TV money = watch them expand it to 6 games $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think the NFL’s answer would be to expand the regular season which would be stupid.

• Options

@1970s said:
    This thread actually has potential. Now that perkdog's perkies are history, perhaps we can dedicate this thread to showing off the new male cheerleaders (lots of pics) with their better halves. B)

Do that and I promise, this is not a bluff, it is a stern warning, i'm serious about this...I will never again post in this thread.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

How is it though you see male cheerleaders all the time in the college ranks but hardly any in HS? Where do you get the college ones if there are hardly any with HS experience?

And for the record UK has the cutest most off the charts adorable cheerleaders. :) Forget the Laker Girls we have the Kentucky Girls! :)

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018 10:39AM

Yes they do and I just found this series (there's at least four episodes) showing a LOT of dreamers but only ten will get to be the Kentucky Girls! :) Laker girls, Cowboy cheerleaders, who needs them? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj5cZJnrWHY

Did I forget to mention when I was at UK I got to see them go through our cafeteria (Commons Market) line? I must say they were tiny!!

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

I remember in 1984 going to NCAA March Madness opening round games in Salt Lake City, then skiing Utah and Colorado during the week and going to Sweet 16 games in Denver the next weekend. If my memory is correct, UK played in the Denver Sweet 16 that year. The Arena was packed and the UK Cheerleaders were present. Prior to tip off, during half time or after the game a buddy of mine (we played hoops in College in the mid-late 1970's so we kind of fit in) went over to the UK Cheerleaders and struck up a conversation with one of them.

Billy Crystal at the time was popular and some of his comedy routines were in vogue, including his statement "You........... Look.............. Marvelousssssss..............". My friend used that line as his opening words to the Cheerleader. Her reaction to his opening line was very positive. She absolutely beamed at the compliment. And my buddy did not have to stretch the truth. She did look marvelous. All of the UK cheerleaders were tiny and drop dead gorgeous.

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Green Bay Packers have had a male + female cheerleader squad (UW-Green Bay) for decades. No problems or complaints from anyone.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭

I will not see it as I refuse to watch NFL even though my favorite team is one of the favorites to win. I have not watched the for 2 years now. What a shame as I used to love the NFL before all this bs with the players not standing for our great flag.