Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Fleer Basketball Pack - what would you do?

I have a 1986 Fleer basketball pack that I’ve owned forever and I know is good but the seal is “popped” which obviously severely impacts its value. However the back card in the pack is the Jordan sticker. I love unopened packs so opening it doesn’t seem right but it also would be awfully fun knowing that at least one of the cards is a solid hit. The economics seem to lean towards opening it. Thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Rip it and post pics!!

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you see who the top card is? Non sticker side.

• Options

I can’t tell although I’m far from an expert there

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Shine a light into front wax paper May have insight for sequence in the pack

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

I think if the seal is truly popped then it won't be sold above most other packs on ebay for $300 or less because it cannot be graded. I am sure it is authentic based on your experience, but only you will know that. I say rip it and post it on youtube for everyone. Might get lucky.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best advice?

Email Steve Hart at BBCEx and get his opinion.

My gut? Seal popped - you own it - open - hope for a 10 and all is well?

Best of luck buddy.

Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree if seal is popped you may as well open it. You can't authenticate it in that state so you may as well open it and hope for a hit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

If you do rip it, make sure you don’t spit all over the cards when you yell like a maniac over your Jordan! :D

• Options

I think I’m gonna open it at the next family holiday. All of the kids, nieces, and nephews pick a number and get a card from the pack. Will take a video and post it

• Options

Come on LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

August 22nd is National Tooth Fairy Day. Can we Get-R-Done then to speed things up?

• Options

My kids, nieces, and nephews are all nearly adults and know very well I’m the only one who knows anything about cards. They would let me do whatever I want and gladly cash the check on any big hits. Just a fun little thing for us to do together

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

We need another popcorn girl post

• Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Cool idea, sounds fun. I look forward to hearing what the family gets. I think even if they don't know about cards, you can be sure they all know who Jordan is. Hoping you get one!

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

So did you ever shine a light on the front to see which card it is so the board can tell ya what you most likely do or do not have in the pack?

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I agree with Tecmo, Popcorn girl while we wait for him to open pack.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Thursday is national rollercoaster day and also the anniversary of Elvis' death so I think that would qualify. Gather the family and rip away.

• Options
    ButkusfanButkusfan Posts: 17
    edited August 21, 2018 8:21PM

Trying to download the video

• Options

link us to the youtube

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to download the video

Just copy the URL for the video.

Paste it and "Post Comment"