Home Sports Talk

Great sports movie quotes and dialog

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 4, 2018 3:00PM in Sports Talk

From Talladega Nights

Ricky Bobby: Wait, Dad. Don’t you remember the time you told me “If you ain’t first, you’re last”?

Reese Bobby: Huh? What are you talking about, Son?

Ricky Bobby: That day at school.

Reese Bobby: Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn’t make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth… hell you can even be fifth.

Ricky Bobby: What? I’ve lived my whole life by that

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Yo, Adrian"

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If you build it, ghosts will show up and start playing baseball."

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worker (incredulously): You just hit that guy!

Happy Gilmore: He shouldn't have been standing there!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember 'All the Right Moves'?

Steff: He didn't quit.

Nickerson: What did you say?

Steff: Salvucci, he didn't quit. None of us quit. I don't know. We beat those guys asses up and down that field tonight! We got nothing to be ashamed of, right? Isn't that right? Maybe the scoreboard doesn't say it, but we won that game. We held them. It was just a fluke. That's all. It's just a fluke.

Nickerson: A fluke? That pass-interference penalty was no fluke. If you had done it the way I taught you, they never would've been down there in the first place, and they never would've scored, and we would've won that game! You're just as responsible as he is.

Steff: Oh, yeah? If you would've had Rifleman hold the ball, then we would've won the game. We didn't quit. You quit!

Nickerson: Get your stuff and get the hell out of here right now.

Steff: What?

Nickerson: You heard me. You get out of here. You're through. You're off the team.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit and keep going.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's the Wild Man now!!!

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2018 9:41AM

Video clip is needed for this one.
    https://youtu.be/zbQTXFJL8lo

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Well, Nuke’s scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man’s here. We need a live roo– is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose’s glove. And nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? … We’re dealing with a lot of $hi+.”

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2018 1:27PM

@LarkinCollector

I just saw a two hour behind the scenes making of Caddyshack. In the original script Carl/ Bill Murray had no speaking parts. The Masters scene as well as all the others were completely ad libbed. In the original script he was just supposed to swing that scythe and take off the tops of the flowers. Harold Ramis just planted the seed of announcing ones own fantasy sports event and Murray did the rest. Pretty amazing

mark

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    @LarkinCollector

I just saw a two hour behind the scenes making of Caddyshack. In the original script Carl/ Bill Murray had no speaking parts. The Masters scene as well as all the others were completely ad libbed. In the original script he was just supposed to swing that scythe and take off the tops of the flowers. Harold Ramis just planted the seed of announcing ones own fantasy sports event and Murray did the rest. Pretty amazing

mark

Funny you mention that, I was just reading a bit about it in the comments under the YouTube video and wondered where that info came from.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:
    “Well, Nuke’s scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man’s here. We need a live roo– is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose’s glove. And nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? … We’re dealing with a lot of $hi+.”

GREAT movie!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Skip: You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield.
    You lollygag your way down to first.
    You lollygag in and out of the dugout.
    You know what that makes you? Larry!
    Larry: Lollygaggers!
    Skip: Lollygaggers!