Options

Pcgs TruView of my score!

Au-58 “strong D”

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great looking coin, period!
    I wish we had coins that looked like that today.
    We really are missing out.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Big fat D as well.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you ever going to tell us the story of how you acquired it?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score. Is it my eyes, or does the image look grainy? OP, does the TrueView represent the in hand look of the coin?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn’t grainy. It looks like a solid 58, if not for the rub, 61 at best. It has luster, just not a lot.

A nice coin for the grade for sure.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

You suck.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I saw this coin today in person! I have permission to tell the story.
    He found it in a pawn shop somewhere in California, raw about a month ago...
    $150. >:)

Quite a score for a YN if you ask me!

Nice!

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice score!

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one epic find!

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    Nice score. Is it my eyes, or does the image look grainy? OP, does the TrueView represent the in hand look of the coin?

For awhile now, I have found, for some reason, a lot of the Trueviews look grainy to me. Not sure if it is my monitor (not all of them do though) or what, but many of them do....particular the more recent ones. This one looks a little grainy, but not as bad as others I have seen.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

A month ago, the gold content was more than that! Sweet!

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Work Kiddo!...now parlay that baby into something BIG...that’s a nice envelope full of cash...go for it ;)

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jason_UScoins Nice score on the $2-1/2 gold, she is a beauty!!! :+1::+1:

Congrats on the find.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

I LOVE rippin' and pickin' pawn shops..... the bigger the better.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

That's what I was thinking or on ebay where jwitten has bought buy it nows where the dumb sellers mistake "p"s for elusive "d" mint issues.

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

Well done!

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

@Bochiman said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

For awhile now, I have found, for some reason, a lot of the Trueviews look grainy to me. Not sure if it is my monitor (not all of them do though) or what, but many of them do....particular the more recent ones. This one looks a little grainy, but not as bad as others I have seen.

Are you viewing on a desktop? I notice when someone uploads a high resolution image on the new message board that the algorithm scales the image down in such a way that does look grainy on my desktop. It doesn’t seem as such on a mobile device (on iOS at least).

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice pickup!

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:

@Bochiman said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

Are you viewing on a desktop? I notice when someone uploads a high resolution image on the new message board that the algorithm scales the image down in such a way that does look grainy on my desktop. It doesn’t seem as such on a mobile device (on iOS at least).

I did notice the grainy look on a desktop. I'm viewing now on an IPad at the fields are clear and not grainy.

• Options
    HandHHandH Posts: 438 ✭✭✭

Beautiful coin. Not grainy to me at all. On my iPad.

US Civil War coinage
    Historical Medals

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MikeInFL said:
    Well done!

Well done indeed!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Very very nice

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @Jason .... now please share the story behind it :)

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2018 10:18PM

@PCGSPhoto said:

@Bochiman said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

Yes, I am. I was wondering if it had something to do with using a desktop. sigh.....
    Win7. Fully updated. 23" monitor.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice coin and a great buy.... Congratulations.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DantesDadDantesDad Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Great score! Love the design on these coins!

Always buying and looking for a deal.
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible find, congrats!

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice but eBay raw rips are no longer a score unless you find it already slabbed at a pawn shop for $14.99 ;)>:)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful example.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:

This has always been the case on the new forum software for me. Anything linking a max sized image gets grainy when it's reduced for viewing on the desktop, the large size images are always pretty good.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!!!!

K

ANA LM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file