Home Precious Metals

Show your "Pocket Silver"

Comments

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2018 2:06PM

1925 Peace.
    I figured I was lucky enough to get it at $5 and after I removed the bail it might help put the word out that I like cheap silver.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:
    1925 Peace.
    I figured I was lucky enough to get it at $5 and after I removed the bail it might help put the word out that I like cheap silver.

Nice score for $5.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No dedicated pocket piece....just a pile of pocket change... and no silver ;) I do have a nice pocket knife though.... :D Cheers, RickO

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2018 1:17PM

Got the peace at the lcs in Pike Place Market out in Seattle a few years ago.

I forget who I got the norfed from here on the bst, been a hot minute.

• shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    No dedicated pocket piece....just a pile of pocket change... and no silver ;) I do have a nice pocket knife though.... :D Cheers, RickO

I also always carry a "case" knife

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine are Hinderer... two of them actually..... Cheers, RickO

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Morgan and Peace dollar started out in 63ish condition, the ASE straight from a tube. These three have been in my pocket pretty much daily for 10 years. They make great conversation pieces and have actually landed me a few small collections.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

ditto

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

@morgansforever I agree with what you say. Almost every time I pull change from my pocket, I usually have to pull out my pocket silver too. Then someone always asks about them. I even got a couple of younger people involved in collecting and or stacking !

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I carried this piece for almost 10 years before finally losing. it. :(
    photo IMG_1024.jpg
    photo IMG_1025.jpg

^^^that is one slick morgan...