Home Metal Detecting
Options

5 silvers

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Hit silver beach again. Got a barber dime (haven’t found too many there), 3 mercs and a silver Roosevelt. Also got a buffalo nickel and ihc, and finally 6 wheat cents. This marks 401 silver coins from this beach. Thinking of giving it a rest for a while there though.
Finds are few and far between now. Maybe a few months rest will allow some things to shift.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great finds... that site is amazing... It must have been an extremely popular site years ago (when silver circulated)...And I will say again... out in the water, there must be an incredible amount as well... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice find :)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

You want to let rest a site that gave up 5 silver dimes on your last hunt???? Color me green with envy. Btw. Love your posts. Keep them coming. Good luck

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2018 6:15PM

I guess it's more of the economics now than anything else. It's about a 100 mile round trip, plus I usually buy some drinks, so I'm in the trip for $10 to $15 for gas, food, etc. It's been 5 straight trips without gold, and although 5 silvers are great, it's only about $5 in finds. Now, I know it's not all about return, etc, but it's also a lot of digging ghost signals and very deep targets. Getting very frustrating digging for a few minutes in the mud to find an old .22 bullet casing. Plus, with just hitting some pretty good milestones at this beach, it'll be a long time before any other milestone is hit, unless some gold pops up. So, it might be time to venture out and try some other beaches in the area.
    But, yeah, on the surface, it seems very odd to want to hold off on a beach that's still yielding several silvers a visit.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on that information, I can understand your decision.... and indeed, there may be some equally fruitful beaches, though that is hard to imagine. Good luck in your searches, silver beach has certainly been entertaining for all of us.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

To PCGS69
    I understand. I found a huge churchyard once that had over 1200 coins with a little over 100 silvers. I hunted to death for a couple seasons. The last time there I found two Barber dimes that were more whispers than actual readings. But it was time to move on. Good luck. If I ever get out there(live in Iowa) I will happily pay for gas and snacks if we could get a hunt in.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3