Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Outstanding USPS service.

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mailed a coin from an ebay sale USPS Express, didn't get there as promised, 1 day late. Second time this month.

BUT, filed for a refund based on their guarantee and get a full refund w/in a week! Awesome - free shipping!! :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... a refund for one day late? I am surprised....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

yes, usually it should be there by noon, or 3 PM, depending

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

It was intended as a backhanded compliment..... :D

"I fear they have done their best........."

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only reason I opened and read this thread, was that the title tricked me into thinking the USPS did something outstanding. I should have known better.

Actually, I think they do their job "okay" usually (except for registered mail) but I've never seen them do anything outstanding.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the "outstanding service" that they only took two days to deliver a next day package, or that they refunded the cost? :D

(I took advantage of this once, too.)

I generally like the PO, based largely on my local experiences, as long as they don't fold large envelopes to fit them in my mail box.

Service-wise, it is a mixed bag, I can send a first class letter across the country between two fairly major urban areas and it takes three days every time. I am afraid to mess up the good luck by ever using Priority Mail.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool. im glad to hear that

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Express almost exclusively for insurance reasons. The best outcome is a day late--save all the money, and it's still there pretty quick.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CCGGG said:
    The only reason I opened and read this thread, was that the title tricked me into thinking the USPS did something outstanding. I should have known better.

Actually, I think they do their job "okay" usually (except for registered mail) but I've never seen them do anything outstanding.

You wouldn't consider picking up a priority package from my mailbox in the middle of Iowa and delivering it in Hawaii in 2 days as outstanding?

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

Should not be surprised. USPS Express Mail is guaranteed next day. It's always been that way.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in the middle of rural nowhere and used to mail plenty of USPS Express packages. Only rarely would they arrive on time. Usually I'd get the postage refunded. Now, they've figured it out and changed my area. Priority is now 3 day and Express is 2 day to most places in the US.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frankly, if the package was delivered in good shape I wouldn't seek the refund if twas me and the package was a day late.

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Mailed a coin from an ebay sale USPS Express, didn't get there as promised, 1 day late. Second time this month.

BUT, filed for a refund based on their guarantee and get a full refund w/in a week! Awesome - free shipping!! :D

If you go to the post office, they can give you a refund there. Why wait a week? Although there's loads of paperwork to fill out just for a $24 refund.

• Options

If you go to the post office, they can give you a refund there. Why wait a week? Although there's loads of paperwork to fill out just for a $24 refund.

I avoid getting in line at the USPS like the plague - only go if I absolutely have to or if I have a good book to read while in line.

Frankly, if the package was delivered in good shape I wouldn't seek the refund if twas me and the package was a day late.

Express mail guarantee is just that, a contract to perform as advertised or your money back - box in box - $39.40. It's my compensation for dealing with worried customer wondering where their package is.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. It pays to know how the USPS protocol for refunds works.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used Express a lot when it was $12 through Ebay. Now it is $20 plus, I opt for registered on higher value coins.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

That is what P. O. promised and is supposed to do..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file