• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin So the decoy plane isn't a 747 body style?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zac Brown Band Live at Fenway Park - Chicken Fried | 8/19/23

https://youtu.be/uaQrcBnESRA

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Guns N’ Roses-Paradise City-Live in Fenway Park Boston USA Aug 21,2023

https://youtu.be/nrbstH3xNPk

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

9.5 inches of rain in Leominster MA yesterday, 8 miles from my house.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP Did something happen to your post count? I really doubt you have almost 20k lols with 200 posts. ;):D

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found in my great-great aunt’s bible.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

2020 Philippine 20 piso coin my wife brought back from her trip and gave it to me :)

1997-Present

• Options

1951 Studebaker

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ownerofawheatiehorde said:
    @JWP Did something happen to your post count? I really doubt you have almost 20k lols with 200 posts. ;):D

You know the old adage - a picture is worth a 100 lols

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Half your cake and eat it too.

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:
    @1northcoin So the decoy plane isn't a 747 body style?

Correct. Apparently its radar footprint is similar enough to fool the bad guys. If you look closely at my photos of it you will note its landing gear is down. I am guessing that the decoy plane was returning to the base after completing its initial decoy mission to provide confusion related to the taking off of the President's plane. The decoy plane had apparently taken off first heading the opposite direction of the President's plane and flew over a populated area. When the 747 Air Force One (with the President presumably aboard) took off it went directly over the water and shot up quickly to gain altitude.

Here my photos again of the non 747 Air Force One decoy plane as it circled back to land after the 747 Air Force One was now departed and up at a safe altitude. (The 747 Air Force One was designed to be capable of flying at higher altitudes than other Jumbo Jets including other 747s.)

For comparison here is the 747 Air Force One as I photographed it yesterday immediately after its takeoff headed over the water and shooting directly upward to gain altitude:

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should add that there are reportedly two 747 Air Force One planes, and apparently one those has been used as a decoy plane in the past on some missions. When the President flew to Japan recently his wife flew in a separate plane which was not a 747. She stayed here for a number of hours and then flew on to Japan to join the President.

When Obama flew here on the occasion of renaming Mount McKinley to Denali the second plane was also not a 747.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin Thank you. When Obama visited N.E. Tenn. several years ago,
    I don't remember there being a decoy plane. Upon his departure, I watched
    the 747 circle my house to go back to D.C.

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think that was a decoy plane, looks like the VP's C-32A, a military plane similar to a Boeing 757. There are two AF1's, one is always ready to fly.

IIRC, it's against protocol to have both the VP and President off continent; the Veep has to return to the US before the President could depart.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Transportatiion re-imagined

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Robert Downey Jr. Grabs Dinner with Scarlett Johansson, Colin Jost After Chris Evans' Wedding (Exclusive)
    The trio was spotted dining Sunday at Puritan & Company in Cambridge, Massachusetts, after attending Evans' nuptials to Alba Baptista the previous day

Chris Evans married fellow actor Alba Baptista in a private ceremony on Saturday, multiple news outlets have confirmed.

The “Captain America” actor, 42, and the “Warrior Nun” star, 26, wed at a private estate in Cape Cod, Mass., according to People and ET. Among the guests were several of Evans’ Marvel co-stars, including Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow)

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

The United States uses the imperial system which involves miles, yards, and gallons. What's interesting, is that the British are responsible for the introduction of the imperial system, and it continues to be a holdover from the colonial period. Liberia, in West Africa, and Myanmar, in Southeast Asia are the only other countries that use it.

• Options

• Options

• Options