Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Following up on my [and my classmate Numismatist Don Kagin's] alma matter's win from last week, this Friday's posting celebrates the Wildcats' Semifinal's win taking them to the National Championship game to be played on Sunday against Boston College who also came from behind in their Semifinal's game to beat Syracuse 8-7.

Today's game saw an exciting comeback for Northwestern from being down 4-2 after the first quarter.

(FWIW Don's bio on the Kagins website references, "He [Don Kagin] earned the first Bachelor of Arts degree in Numismatics granted by Northwestern University, simultaneously earning another B.A. in History." Don went on to also earn the first PhD in Numismatics from another institution.)

• Options

For this Friday's posting, here are screen shots from today's Semifinal's NCAA Lacrosse game between Northwestern and Denver. In an exciting competition the Northwestern Wildcats came from being behind 4-2 after the first quarter to go on to take the win 15-7. Sunday they will play Boston College in the college finals for the National Championship. Boston College also came from behind in their 8-7 win over Syracuse.

(FWIW Northwestern is both my and fellow classmate Numismatist Don Kagin's Alma Matter. The year we graduated Don earned the first Bachelor of Arts degree in Numismatics granted by Northwestern University, simultaneously earning another B.A. in History. Don then went on to earn the first PhD in Numismatics from another institution.)

• Options
    edited May 26, 2023 11:07PM

Apologies if there is a duplicate posting. The first attempted post disappeared and I reposted again with a complete new posting. Then the initial post reappeared. It appears that my attempt to then delete the original post as duplicative may not have been successful.

(Note the disappearance of the original post occurred when I attempted to edit and correct the erroneous reference to Rutgers as Boston College's opponent to Syracuse.)

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

No date Libya 1/2 dinar

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

• Options

@skier07 said:
    Memorial Weekend skiing

Is this the first year in the past decade that Mammoth has been available for skiing on Memorial Day? I know Heavenly at Lake Tahoe has had an unusually long extended ski season this year with all the late snow.

• Options

@JWP said:

Is that. an official location?

• Options

• Options

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

So called Half dollars

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

@1northcoin said:
    For this Friday's posting, here are screen shots from today's Semifinal's NCAA Lacrosse game between Northwestern and Denver. In an exciting competition the Northwestern Wildcats came from being behind 4-2 after the first quarter to go on to take the win 15-7. Sunday they will play Boston College in the college finals for the National Championship. Boston College also came from behind in their 8-7 win over Syracuse.

(FWIW Northwestern is both my and fellow classmate Numismatist Don Kagin's Alma Matter. The year we graduated Don earned the first Bachelor of Arts degree in Numismatics granted by Northwestern University, simultaneously earning another B.A. in History. Don then went on to earn the first PhD in Numismatics from another institution.)

Wildcats Win 18 to 6! Now National Champions.

A special shout out to #19 West Coaster Samantha Smith whose draw control efforts led to multiple draw wins which played a key part in attaining victory by keeping the ball in Northwestern's possession. (Samantha also has a connection to the Northland by being a family friend of a former work associate of mine here who played lacrosse in college with her father.)

Pictured below is Samantha in position for the draws as well as screen shot photos of her securing the 14th goal of the game for the Wildcats:

And some obligatory crowd screen shots of fans in the stands:

• Options

@D808LF said:

>

Would definitely be interested in visiting the Kakaako Museum next time I am on Oahu. Any details on when it is open to the public?

• Options
    lobo54lobo54 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

@D808LF said:

>

Would definitely be interested in visiting the Kakaako Museum next time I am on Oahu. Any details on when it is open to the public?

Open only during the tourist season.

I would rather join with an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by sheep.

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file