Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

:p

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pictures!

This one is a classic:
    :D

• thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fruitful Dreams

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

Wow, look at the intensity in his/her eyes.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scooby

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was NOT a 2019-W quarter. ;)

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

@asheland said:

Wow, look at the intensity in his/her eyes.

Looks like they have already been “playing” with the rabbit. Couple nice claw marks.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.

Cool! It looks like Caramel! :wink:

Today’s lunch >:)

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    @crazyhounddog Nice ones!

Thanks my brother 😊. It’s great to have my collection back🤠 I’ve been giving my camera a workout.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    Today’s lunch >:)

Chicken flavored bread.

LOL! :D

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ultimate ethical meal: a grey squirrel
    It tastes sweet, like a cross between lamb and duck. And it's selling as fast as butchers can get it

It's low in fat, low in food miles and completely free range. In fact, some claim that Sciurus carolinensis - the grey squirrel - is about as ethical a dish as it is possible to serve on a dinner plate.

The grey squirrel, the American cousin of Britain's endangered red variety, is flying off the shelves faster than hunters can shoot them, with game butchers struggling to keep up with demand. 'We put it on the shelf and it sells. It can be a dozen squirrels a day - and they all go,' said David Simpson, the director of Kingsley Village shopping centre in Fraddon, Cornwall, whose game counter began selling grey squirrel meat two months ago.

At Ridley's Fish and Game shop in Corbridge, Northumberland, the owner David Ridley says he has sold 1,000 - at £3.50 a squirrel - since he tested the market at the beginning of the year. 'I wasn't sure at first, and wondered would people really eat it. Now I take every squirrel I can get my hands on. I've had days when I have managed to get 60 and they've all sold straight away.'

Simpson likens the taste to wild boar. Ridley thinks it is more a cross between duck and lamb. 'It's moist and sweet because, basically, its diet has been berries and nuts,' he said.

Both believe its new-found popularity is partly due to its green credentials. 'People like the fact it is wild meat, low in fat and local - so no food miles,' says Simpson. Ridley reckons that patriotism also plays a part: 'Eat a grey and save a red. That's the message.'

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

Did you actually see the toe nails in the other thread............................squirrels looking pretty good. :smile:

LOL! Did I see the toenails? Ummm..... yes but I promised not to show them again. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file