Home U.S. Coin Forum

Indian Head Cent Comparison Chart

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago, when I was collecting IHC's, I built this comparison chart(for lack of a better term) for IHC's. It compares AG-MS65 grades of 4 Grading Companies, PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICG. I purposely left a blank column for the collector to insert their coin and compare it to the grading companies. If anyone interested in the set, message me and I'll reply with the 8 page set. Hope it helps someone, it was made in a time when photos were easily found.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a neat set for IHC collectors to use.... Cheers, RickO

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it helps a beginner to learn what to expect from the top grading companies for the various grades. I know many here already are capable to grade IHC's without help, but pointing this toward the beginning and intermediate collector.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s me! Messaged, thanks!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great idea! Thanks. I should be very interesting to see how much grading has changed since the set was formed.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to let everyone know a minor problem has occurred. Downloading the Photoshop files to copy them as jpg files three of the 8 pages crashed. I will be refabricating them this weekend and have already sent pages 1, 2, 4, 5 and 8 to all that messaged me and Monday the remainder will be sent. Last year my computer crashed and thank goodness for a partial backup disc that contained this info, allowing me to remake them. Lost the Buffalo Nickel files and Mercury dime files. Thanks for your patience in advance of your having patience. lol
    Jim

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file