• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sheesh. :'(

• Options
    cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I've been told.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great reference material... Thanks for the link...I do not have any bars (barz) yet... but moving that way... Cheers, RickO

• Options

The only silver I have left is a few 5 and 10 oz bars and a monster box. Oh and haffa bag of 90% that a "trade" didn't use up.
    I sold my 100 ozers at 37-39 and am happy to have done that as I don't expect that to repeat.

I posted the link because I've never seen that one and thought it was a handy reference.

IF I .....ever..... bought silver again, it would be EXCLUSIVELY 10 oz bars of .999

They're "cute" and they DO retail well. In a case full of "meh" rounds and stuff, the ...bars.... will fly off the shelf.
    :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@topstuf.... Not challenging your statement regarding 'bars will fly off the shelf'...Just wondering why you think so.... I would think ASE's would be far more liquid than bars...That is just based on past experience... though I have no experience with silver bars. Reading the forums, it seems bars are more collector items than stacking for cash. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @topstuf.... Not challenging your statement regarding 'bars will fly off the shelf'...Just wondering why you think so.... I would think ASE's would be far more liquid than bars...That is just based on past experience... though I have no experience with silver bars. Reading the forums, it seems bars are more collector items than stacking for cash. Cheers, RickO

From my experience in silver bullion(rounds, or bars), they all sell with relative ease. ASE's and other govt backed silver fetch higher premiums over spot. But, yeah, bars sell just as quick as any of it(In my personal experience)

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

Just for the record, I've been in PMs for over 6 years(mainly silver), and I think its general good practice to sell a few ounces here and there just simply to establish a good name among the community.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing like a good silver kilo bar in the hand...

I attempted a type set of 5oz Engelhard bars some years ago, the very page you referenced, but ended up abandoning that quest. The different varieties are intriguing though.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

@ricko said:

Well, you're right. For bullion holdings to speculate on buying and selling silver whenever, the liquidity is in the ASE and 90% coins. I'm talking volume transactions here.

For selling smaller quantities, the 5 and 10 oz bars seem to "call out" to the retail buyer. I have a friend who is a very savvy futures trader and she makes some great trades and knows her stuff.

However, she also buys physical and is now buying only the 10 oz bars for "occasional" sales.

It's funny how the market has treated one ounce rounds. Well..... not funny ha ha. Anything BUT.

Certain brands fall in and out of favor and, while I stocked and sold them, I never put them in MY stash.

Sooooooooooo...... spec buying = Eagles and junk silver.

In MY opinion.

• Options

@LukeMarshall said:
    There is nothing like a good silver kilo bar in the hand...

I attempted a type set of 5oz Engelhard bars some years ago, the very page you referenced, but ended up abandoning that quest. The different varieties are intriguing though.

Kilos were slow sellers in the US when I was in business. ANY silver is fine if it's going to a refiner.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kilos were slow sellers in the US when I was in business. ANY silver is fine if it's going to a refiner.

Showed a customer of mine stacker kilos from apmex/Scottsdale and he fell in love. Buys 2-3 Everytime he stops in. But still a slow moving item otherwise.