Options

10% Ebay Bucks Buying and Selling through 7/21

MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 19, 2018 5:20AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Even good on coins just not bullion.

Comments

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

Good deal but only if you get the offer. I took advantage of the last one, so doesn't look like I made this cycle. Check your messages in your eBay account. Appreciate the heads up!

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a lot of eBay Bucks earlier this year and have been shut out of several recent offers, including this one. LOL.

• Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

Received the email for the ebay bucks activated it, went to buy a roll of silver quarters "not listed under bullion" and there is no ebay bucks? It is the exact same seller exact same quarter roll, but ebay bucks are not showing up? In fact I checked a bunch of other non coin items and did not find one offering ebay bucks? Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem? Thank You...........

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 7:57AM

I think that if you closely read the terms they will say that the entire category "Coins and Paper Money" are excluded from the offer. Granted, I did not see this specific offer, but I have a decent feel for eBay hairsplitting.

Under normal circumstances, yes you are correct that you earn eBay 1% Bucks on coins and paper money and usually zero on bullion. But for these higher earning Bonus offers, the entire coins and paper money category typically gets specifically excluded.

The guys are trying to beat this by finding coins and medals listed under "Collectibles" or some other catchall categories.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    I think that if you closely read the terms they will say that the entire category "Coins and Paper Money" are excluded from the offer. Granted, I did not see this specific offer, but I have a decent feel for eBay hairsplitting.

Under normal circumstances, yes you are correct that you earn eBay 1% Bucks on coins and paper money and usually zero on bullion. But for these higher earning Bonus offers, the entire coins and paper money category typically gets specifically excluded.

The guys are trying to beat this by finding coins and medals listed under "Collectibles" or some other catchall categories.

No, it only says "bullion" is excluded.

• Options

@goldgirl said:
    Received the email for the ebay bucks activated it, went to buy a roll of silver quarters "not listed under bullion" and there is no ebay bucks? It is the exact same seller exact same quarter roll, but ebay bucks are not showing up? In fact I checked a bunch of other non coin items and did not find one offering ebay bucks? Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem? Thank You...........

This is a browser problem that has been popping up. If you try a different browser, you may see it.

• Options

Please post any fun bullion links you might find. I'd appreciate it.

I will be listing some gold at just about current melt later today. If anyone wants, I'll post the link.

My plan for the day is to sell my gold and buy silver - if I can find it - until I'm maxed out on my eBay bucks.

• Options

Here is the item I purchased the last ebay bucks offering

but now the ebay bucks are not showing up. I have purchased silver before and as long as the seller did not have them listed under bullion I would get the ebay bucks. Even had a seller selling Bullion ASE lots but NOT LISTED under Bullion and got the ebay bucks for them also. Don't know if I am allowed to post links to ebay items unless someone tells me it is ok I will not. Also still not seeing ANY ebay bucks for ANY items I look at besides coins.... Thank You....

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just used my ebucks cert on a coin and got 10% back. Never had that happen before. Usually one or the other is excluded.

• Options

@goldgirl said:

but now the ebay bucks are not showing up. I have purchased silver before and as long as the seller did not have them listed under bullion I would get the ebay bucks. Even had a seller selling Bullion ASE lots but NOT LISTED under Bullion and got the ebay bucks for them also. Don't know if I am allowed to post links to ebay items unless someone tells me it is ok I will not. Also still not seeing ANY ebay bucks for ANY items I look at besides coins.... Thank You....

AGAIN, TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.

Currently, I can see the eBay bucks using Microsoft Edge but I can NOT see the eBay bucks using Chrome. On my other computer, it's reversed for some reason.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@goldgirl said:

AGAIN, TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.

Currently, I can see the eBay bucks using Microsoft Edge but I can NOT see the eBay bucks using Chrome. On my other computer, it's reversed for some reason.

I have tried every browser I have Chrome IE, EDGE & Firefox. I will try on my desktop pc to see if it works on it... Thank You....

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the offer! Thanks for the heads up

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@goldgirl said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@goldgirl said:

I have tried every browser I have Chrome IE, EDGE & Firefox. I will try on my desktop pc to see if it works on it... Thank You....

It is, admittedly, annoying. I'm not sure what causes it and it hasn't gotten fixed in the last couple of months. You might also try the phone app.

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does the bonus for selling work, does the item have to be purchased in the window or does it apply to any auction started in the window regardless of when it ends?

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seanq said:
    How does the bonus for selling work, does the item have to be purchased in the window or does it apply to any auction started in the window regardless of when it ends?

Sean Reynolds

In the terms it says it has to be listed before 7/21 and must sell before 7/31 to receive Ebay Bucks.

• Options

I even keep getting this banner

Tried my other PC didn't work there either. First time I have run into this problem with ebay bucks, it must just be me I guess. I tried to have them call me on the link at the help page but no choice for that or any number to call either. It is kind of frustrating since silver is down right now I could/would have purchased more than I normally do, oh well it's not the end of the world... Thank You for your help.....

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:

@seanq said:

Sean Reynolds

In the terms it says it has to be listed before 7/21 and must sell before 7/31 to receive Ebay Bucks.

To be clear, it has to be listed between 7/19 and 7/21, not just before 7/21.

• Options
    edited July 19, 2018 9:37AM

@goldgirl said:

Tried my other PC didn't work there either. First time I have run into this problem with ebay bucks, it must just be me I guess. I tried to have them call me on the link at the help page but no choice for that or any number to call either. It is kind of frustrating since silver is down right now I could/would have purchased more than I normally do, oh well it's not the end of the world... Thank You for your help.....

It's not that you aren't getting the eBay bucks, it's that you can't see it. I'm not sure what their browser issues are, but this has been a common problem for a couple of months.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only offers I ever seem to get are the "deals" with a list of sellers for the discount. Not worth the bother for that.

• Options

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    The only offers I ever seem to get are the "deals" with a list of sellers for the discount. Not worth the bother for that.

You have to be signed up for their spam emails. I get 2 or 3 every day. If you aren't getting 2 or 3 spam emails per day, you probably aren't signed up for "offers". Once I checked the box, I started getting spam and the offers.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@goldgirl said:

I am having the same problem with all browsers on my Mac. I am reluctant to click on the buy it now button if i can't see the 10% bucks applied......

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I always get the ebay offers, even with my spam filter running.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the offer and bought this.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@goldgirl said:

Did you look in your My ebay messages on your ebay page? I always get a message there when ever there is an ebay bucks offer.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

@spacehayduke

I am having the same problem with all browsers on my Mac. I am reluctant to click on the buy it now button if i can't see the 10% bucks applied......

Best, SH

Same problem here on my Mac. What I do first is add item to cart then go to check out and you will see what
    bucks are being earned on that purchase. Purchase or hit the back arrow and delete cart if not ready to purchase.
    I also take a picture of that page with my phone just as backup. Also save confirmation email from Ebay showing bucks earned on that purchase. Last quarter worked out fine while having the same current issues.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

I had to fish out my ebucks from old emails and messages.

For the promotion, you can install the app and activate it there on the main page. Just make sure you set default payment to paypal.. mine glitched to my CC during the last promo and I missed some displayed bucks.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought a fishing pole to replace the one my son broke over the 4th of July.

• Options

I didn't get selling this time. I'd imagine it's because I'm listing and selling a lot more things. I have inventory to do tomorrow, and I realized I do this around the same two times every month and list more and do markdowns. I wouldn't be surprised if they track that. If you're making more money you've got more to spend. You're already online and PayPal just posted..

• Options

@Azurescens said:
    I didn't get selling this time. I'd imagine it's because I'm listing and selling a lot more things. I have inventory to do tomorrow, and I realized I do this around the same two times every month and list more and do markdowns. I wouldn't be surprised if they track that. If you're making more money you've got more to spend. You're already online and PayPal just posted..

I got it on my account that doesn't have a store. The account that has a store only got the 10% on buying.

• Options
    edited July 20, 2018 6:23AM

@SONOMOSCA said:

@spacehayduke

Best, SH

Same problem here on my Mac. What I do first is add item to cart then go to check out and you will see what
    bucks are being earned on that purchase. Purchase or hit the back arrow and delete cart if not ready to purchase.
    I also take a picture of that page with my phone just as backup. Also save confirmation email from Ebay showing bucks earned on that purchase. Last quarter worked out fine while having the same current issues.

Thank You SONOMOSCA for the suggestion I added an item to my cart and sure enough there was the ebay bucks that DID NOT show up in the listing. Wish I would have known it sooner when prices were lower, but now I know what to do in the future if I have this problem. Thank You.....

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought one coin and listed another :)

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I want to take advantage of this 10%

Been combing ebay all day for bullion-ish gold or silver at a fair price.. can't find anything

Anyone see anything available that'd be easy to sell... break even on... and have that 10% of ebay bucks to enjoy?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinCoins said:

Been combing ebay all day for bullion-ish gold or silver at a fair price.. can't find anything

Anyone see anything available that'd be easy to sell... break even on... and have that 10% of ebay bucks to enjoy?

There were some St Gaudens on sell BRIEFLY for a good price. They went fast.

• Options

i skipped over a 1/2 oz canadian gold for $630... it sold, and i kind of regret it :/

an easy $30-$60

we've got 23 hours left

• Options

@CoinCoins said:

I listed 3 $20 libs ($1240 each) and 6 swiss 20 francs ($240 each). They didn't last long enough for me to even mention it here. Seems everyone was looking for bullion last night. Apmex didn't have anything like they normally do which might be part of the problem.

I also, as always happens on one of these events, sold about $800 face value in U.S. postage spread over 3 lots (67% of face value).

I would list more bullion, but I've sort of maxed out my selling bucks.

• Options
    edited July 21, 2018 5:57AM

@CoinCoins said:

I bought some SILVER BULLION ASE from boldpreciousmetals and have always received the ebay bucks for the purchases from them. They DO NOT list them under the Bullion category so you will get ebay bucks even if they are Bullion. I have seen a few other places not list their Bullion under the Bullion category and thus you could get ebay bucks, but I like to stay with someone I have purchased from in the past. Now is a good time for me anyway to buy some Silver Bullion while the price of Silver is lower, even though I could have bought cheaper on the 19th when Silver was down to $15.19 I did not because I could not see the ebay bucks in the listing, I could only see it if I put it in my cart as described above by SONOMOSCA, but still happy I was able to buy some Silver Bullion while silver is low and get the ebay bucks 10% right now at least until 11:59 tonight..... Have also bought Bullion SILVER ASE from bullion.exchanges and received ebay bucks...

• Options

they look overpriced :/

6 hours left......

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

I try to buy a bar from apmex but it is lister under coin so can’t get the 10% Bucks. I guess they are off so no response to my email

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one I want to buy is not eligible for ebay bucks so I am not sure if I want to buy it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I do not buy enough on ebay... I never get these offers....well, money not spent, is money saved... :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file