Home Sports Talk
Options

Career over?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

"""Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Josh Hader apologized late Tuesday for being "immature and stupid" after admitting to racist, misogynistic and homophobic comments on Twitter years ago — tweets that resurfaced just as he was playing in his first MLB All-Star Game.

After Tuesday night's game at Nationals Park in Washington, Hader, 24, returned to the National League clubhouse to find his cellphone "blowing up" about the tweets, which he said were written when he was 17. He made his professional debut with the Brewers last year after first being drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in 2012.""""

"I was in high school," said Hader, who grew up in Maryland. "We're still learning who we are in high school. You live and you learn. This mistake won't happen again."

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

He won’t get any endorsements but his Baseball career will resume

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

The way things are going with social media, it would not surprise me to see a person being penalized (job loss, stigmatized, etc.) as an adult when a text, tweet, video surfaces of the person in preschool (at 4 years of age) making a statement (that is viewed as offensive, politically incorrect, racist, mysogynist and/or "_______"phobic) to another preschooler who is deemed to be in need of protection (i.e POC, female, trans, gender fluid, etc).

Imagine the future job prospects for 4 year old Jimmy when he says to a preschool classmate "Judy, Judy you've got Cooties". When he is 25 years old seeking a job a video of his horrible statement to Judy in preschool better not be posted on the net.

If it is posted, Jimmy would be ruined forever,...................... even if Judy really did have Cooties.

BTW, has anyone ever seen a Cootie? I never have, but it seems that Cooties are everywhere in preschool and kindergarten.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:

BTW, has anyone ever seen a Cootie? I never have, but it seems that Cooties are everywhere in preschool and kindergarten.

Is this a trick question?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    The way things are going with social media, it would not surprise me to see a person being penalized (job loss, stigmatized, etc.) as an adult when a text, tweet, video surfaces of the person in preschool (at 4 years of age) making a statement (that is viewed as offensive, politically incorrect, racist, mysogynist and/or "_______"phobic) to another preschooler who is deemed to be in need of protection (i.e POC, female, trans, gender fluid, etc).

Imagine the future job prospects for 4 year old Jimmy when he says to a preschool classmate "Judy, Judy you've got Cooties". When he is 25 years old seeking a job a video of his horrible statement to Judy in preschool better not be posted on the net.

If it is posted, Jimmy would be ruined forever,...................... even if Judy really did have Cooties.

It's crazy...…..Things that shouldn't matter DO...……...and things that should matter DON'T!!!!!!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

He probably poo pooed in his pants when he was 6 months old too. Disgusting.

The country has gone completely nuts.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never knew what Cooties were as a kid, through today. I just understood that they were not something you wanted to have. I was ignorant until today.

When Coinstartled posted a reply asking "Is this a trick question?" I thought about his reply and decided I should investigate and educate myself.

So looking up the definition of "Cooties" on the net, I find that the term has different meanings, including:

a. "louse" (which no one wants a part of); and

b. in a more general sense "germs"

Kids do not want to have germs/Cooties' and kids claim that other kids (including those with bad hygene; and those who they like to tease) do have them.

Learn something new every day.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you assaulted someone or robbed a store at age 17 you most likely would stand trial as an adult. He needs to own this. Obviously at age 17 he was guilty of horrible Judgement and posted some reprehensible things. According to some of his teammates he seems to have changed for the better. Good.

With this embarrassment to himself, his friends and his family he has been punished.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    I never knew what Cooties were as a kid, through today. I just understood that they were not something you wanted to have. I was ignorant until today.

When Coinstartled posted a reply asking "Is this a trick question?" I thought about his reply and decided I should investigate and educate myself.

So looking up the definition of "Cooties" on the net, I find that the term has different meanings, including:

Kids do not want to have germs/Cooties' and kids claim that other kids (including those with bad hygene; and those who they like to tease) do have them.

"Cootie" was also a children's toy game. Been around since the 50's.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@SanctionII said:

"Cootie" was also a children's toy game. Been around since the 50's.

It is a little plastic bug that was in pieces. The whole thing included a body in two haves, six legs and two antennas.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Tampa some of the local sports casters are trying to run Jamis Winston out of town because of an incident with an Uber driver. He’s been suspended for the first four games of the season. The Bucks season might be over before it starts.

I think that these young sports casters are bucking for a promotion to networks where spouting PC positions makes you an “intellectual commentator.”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?