Home Metal Detecting

1956 D lincoln wheat cent 2.7 to 2.8 grams

Does anyone know what a silver dime blank weighs.. not a dime planchet but a silver blank or of any planchet or blank from 1956 D .. I know it's really close to being with in its range but not 1 other 56 D was under 3.0 that I have. Thanks all

Grant

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Grant1974....Welcome aboard.... Obviously, that cent is not silver... and as far as weight... the planchet and the coin (as minted) would be the same weight.... Yes, that seems to be a bit light, but that could be wear... better pictures of both sides would help, and this would also get more input on the U.S. coin forum.... Did you dig this coin while MD'ing?? Soil erosion will affect weight. Cheers, RickO

• @Grant1974 said:

Does anyone know what a silver dime blank weighs.. not a dime planchet but a silver blank or of any planchet or blank from 1956 D .. I know it's really close to being with in its range but not 1 other 56 D was under 3.0 that I have. Thanks all

Grant

I also have this same coin at the same weight

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dboy_FreshKObar... Check the U.S. Mint website, or get a copy of the Redbook... It gives weights and tolerances for all U.S. coins. Check my post above also. Cheers, RickO

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard B)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members