Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1878 Morgan 8 TF variety pick up (Top 100)

CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

I did not yet take pictures or look to hard on the back. But I do have a question as is this specific variety suppose to have a Doubled Die Reverse? There is doubling on the letters and some other designs on the reverse. Also I was unable to find the Cert when I looked this up...

Comments

• Options

The case is cracked up a bit as well.

• Options
    LewLew Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

I have not seen an ANACS holder like this before.
    Can anyone on the forum provide information about this ANACS holder?

• Options

@Lew said:
    I have not seen an ANACS holder like this before.
    Can anyone on the forum provide information about this ANACS holder?

+1

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018 12:42PM

I do not see any doubling on the reverse.....Perhaps my eyes are not yet fully awake, but I looked at the magnified picture and did not see any sign of a DDR. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

a1f reverse

vams 12, 16, or 17. one of those.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see doubling either but when you are looking at this and see rounding on the stars its a good bet it was cleaned or warn. also sometimes a drag of sort on the lettering or other areas may seem like doubling to the eye but it is just metal moving around while struck.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@ricko said:
    I do not see any doubling on the reverse.....Perhaps my eyes are not yet fully awake, but I looked at the magnified picture and did not see and sign of a DDR. Cheers, RickO

There may not be. I would have to grab a picture with the loupe as it looks like notch doubling. I could very well be wrong. :) thanks for the comments everyone. Has anyone seen this type of anacs holder before?

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    a1f reverse

vams 12, 16, or 17. one of those.

Thank's alot it took a while but I got caught up on the articles on 8tf on cam world. But yeah seems to be the VAM-12 Doubled Motto. Took some pics of the die markers and they are all there.

• Options

Ig I should not say all. But most

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file