Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CU "Mid Rollers" FFL 2018 Year 3 is a go! Full!!

brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
edited August 12, 2018 5:38PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hey everybody, 2018 Fantasy Football season is almost upon us. We are gonna do the Mid Rollers League again this season on Yahoo. We had 12 teams last season and everyone has been sent the Yahoo invites for this years league. Please confirm in this thread if you are back in so I can mark you as confirmed.

The buy in is again $50 and the 12 team payouts will be the same as last season and are listed below. My PayPal email address is listed below with the directions included. If you are in again this year and are ready to send over your buy-in please go ahead and do so. As always once everyone is confirmed & paid we will have Yahoo do the random draft order so you can prep for the spot you ended up landing in the draft order.

Anyone new who is interested in getting in this year please post below that you would like to take an alternate spot. If anyone drops out from last season I will take alternates in the order that they post below. This is a re-draft league so everyone will start off on the same foot.

CU Mid Rollers Teams: 2017 Team List w/ Yahoo Invites Already Sent Out...

1) brendanb438 (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid

2) slum22 - Confirmed & Paid

3) CocoaBeach Dodger$ - Confirmed & Paid

4) AC000000 - Confirmed & Paid

5)Tonylags - Confirmed & Paid

6) ugaskidawg - Confirmed & Paid

7) wolfbear - Confirmed & Paid

8) CPAMike - Confirmed & Paid

9) rtimmer - Confirmed & Paid

10) Railside Cards - Confirmed & Paid

11) Porkins - Confirmed & Paid

12) Francart - Confirmed & Paid

Alternates:

1)

Payment Information

The buy in will be $50. Payment can be sent via PayPal Friends and Family (Gift) to brendanb438@yahoo.com. Please include your team name in the PP Friends and Family message with something discreet like, "Happy Birthday Brendan from team name". Thanks!!

Prizes will be as follows:

1st place - $350

2nd place - $200

3rd place - $50

Draft Information

Draft Type: Yahoo Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Sunday August 26th 730PM EST

Significant League Settings

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Trade End Date: TBD

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

Weekly Waivers: Game Time - Tuesday

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 20 to Dec 26 Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/RB/TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Scoring will be standard Yahoo scoring other than passing TDs= 6 pts and 20 passing yards per 1 pt. This will be a 1 point per reception league.

WAIVER RULES

There will be weekly waivers beginning with the first games on Sunday until Tuesday. The waiver priority will be determined based on the draft order and then will be a continual rolling list. Note that any player not drafted will be a free agent until the beginning of the season in case you need to use the auto draft and are not happy with some of your selections..

Comments

• Options

As always highly open to draft dates/times. They will always fall on a Saturday or Sunday night and we will time the start of them in such a way that East & West Coast league members are able to get in on the draft.

Any major conventions in August that we need to right away plan around when it comes to draft dates/times? :smile:

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I would join, if any openings. Did you send email for the other league I was in last year too? If I recall that was a 2 player keeper league with $75 buy in.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

Hey Tony, resent an email to make sure you are renewed for the CGC League with the $75 buy in and have you down for the 1st alternate spot for this Mid Rollers League.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I’m in again, looking forward to it!

• Options

@brendanb438 said:
    Hey Tony, resent an email to make sure you are renewed for the CGC League with the $75 buy in and have you down for the 1st alternate spot for this Mid Rollers League.

thanks

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in good luck everyone!

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Brendan, I got the main CU Fantasy Football League thread going and you can mark me as confirmed for this league. Thanks!!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

I am in

If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Defending champion wolfbear is back and paid up.

Thanks for running the league Brenden!

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

I got you marked as paid wolfbear. I would like to wish you the best of luck this year as the defending champ, but I hope you choke!!! :smiley:

• Options

Just paid

• Options

Come On Brendan; expand it to 14 so I can get in. I promise I will be competitive and be an active participant. I want to give wolfbear a run for the title.

• Options

@brendanb438 said:
    I got you marked as paid wolfbear. I would like to wish you the best of luck this year as the defending champ, but I hope you choke!!! :smiley:

Lol, Paul is the best.

I just sent you payment for your birthday. ;)

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

Hi Brendan, count me in again, both leagues. Good luck everybody!

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

I am in for both too.

Steve
  • Options

Bump w/ updates on confirmed/paid.

• Options

Is anyone against drafting on Saturday Sept 1st around 830pm EST?

• Options

Yes lets do it the 25th or 26th if we can again as the 1st is Labor Day weekend.

• Options

I’m good for Sept 1st or Aug 26th (aside from the time that League A is drafting that day), but unable to make anything at night on the 25th.

• Options

any word on an opening?

• Options

Hey Tony, still haven't heard from a couple people. I am giving them til August 3rd and then I will start bumping folks.

• Options

@Porkins said:
    I’m good for Sept 1st or Aug 26th (aside from the time that League A is drafting that day), but unable to make anything at night on the 25th.

I am also in the A league with that draft at 9:30 eastern. I don't remember how long it took last year is 2 hours enough or is 2.5 or 3 needed? Either way seems like beforehand would be the best option?

• Options

I am good with September 1st but I also can draft two teams at the same time if necessary, lol.

Collecting:
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

@cpamike said:
    I also can draft two teams at the same time if necessary, lol.

Mike on draft night : Dang now I've got 3 QBs on team 1.
    Yikes - a 2nd kicker on team 2? Oops that's my 7th RB on team 1
    Uh oh why did I draft a 4th TE on team 2 - Hey you guys - slow down!

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

I think we had wrapped up the draft for this league last year in about 65 minutes. I have the draft settings down to a science with running the leagues. :smiley:

No one should ever do the default 90 seconds per pick on Yahoo. We do I think 45 seconds and we fly through it.

• Options

League B last year I think we took what like 80 minutes to do the 14 team draft?

• Options

@brendanb438 said:
    Hey Tony, still haven't heard from a couple people. I am giving them til August 3rd and then I will start bumping folks.

ok; if you bump; I'm in. In case I don't see it on here, sometimes I get busy with work and miss a few days.

• Options

@brendanb438 said:
    League B last year I think we took what like 80 minutes to do the 14 team draft?

Oh that's better than I thought and I don't think I'm talented enough to draft both teams at the same time.

How would Aug 26th at 8 eastern work for this draft and then the league A draft would be an hour and a half later for those of us in that league too?

• Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

MrG is out. I will give someone else a chance to take all of your money! Have a great season! Michael

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options

@wolfbear said:

@cpamike said:
    I also can draft two teams at the same time if necessary, lol.

Mike on draft night : Dang now I've got 3 QBs on team 1.
    Yikes - a 2nd kicker on team 2? Oops that's my 7th RB on team 1
    Uh oh why did I draft a 4th TE on team 2 - Hey you guys - slow down!

LMAO!!! Hey, I'm a pretty organized guy.

Collecting:
  • Options

Payment sent this morning

• Options

Any decision on draft time yet?

If you’re like me, your schedule isn’t getting any more open as the days pass

• Options

Draft Time: Saturday Sept 1st 830PM EST If no one is against this date this would work best with everything I am running.

• Options

That date works for me; looking forward to it.

• Options

Bump and we have 1 spot open, if you want it please post in this thread and PM me.

• Options

@brendanb438 said:
    Draft Time: Saturday Sept 1st 830PM EST If no one is against this date this would work best with everything I am running.

Yes, I can't make a Labor Day draft work. I've suggested Aug 26th a couple times but if that can't work for you that's cool, I'm fine giving up my spot this year to someone else.

• Options

@rtimmer said:

@brendanb438 said:

Yes, I can't make a Labor Day draft work. I've suggested Aug 26th a couple times but if that can't work for you that's cool, I'm fine giving up my spot this year to someone else.

That is what I need a firm no it will not work. :smile:

Trying to look at August 25th or August 26th, had 1 person PM me that this may not be good for them. If anyone can't do any times on the 25th or 26th with a start time of 7PM EST - 10PM EST (start time will fall between these hours) please say ASAP no this will not work.

• Options

I cannot do August 25 and request that if it’s the 26th, it be at least an hour or so before or after the League A CU draft of 9:30 est.

Some of you guys might be able to draft 2 at the same time, but I’ll have enough trouble fending the kids off me for a little bit to do one at a time!

Thanks

• Options

@Porkins said:
    I cannot do August 25 and request that if it’s the 26th, it be at least an hour or so before or after the League A CU draft of 9:30 est.

Some of you guys might be able to draft 2 at the same time, but I’ll have enough trouble fending the kids off me for a little bit to do one at a time!

Thanks

26th before the 9:30 draft is good by me.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2018 6:08PM

Sunday August 26th at 730PM EST work for everyone? I have another league I am running drafting at 9PM so to do the 26th I need to do this one at this time.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2018 3:24AM

Sorry for the delay Brendan, I am all paid up for both leagues. I would prefer to draft Sunday as I work Saturday's and wouldn't be available until 6pm Pacific on Saturday's. So Sunday August 26th at 730PM EST works for me.

Steve
  • Options

Sunday, August 26th at 7:30pm EST works for us League A guys as in won't take more than 2 hours since this is only a 12 team league.

Collecting:
  • Options

Bumping, since it looks like we’re still short one owner

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

Interested if you still need a player.

• Options

Hey sorry, just got back from vacation in Asheville. Yup we still need 1 player and I am sending you over a PM Francart.

• Options

Sent you the email invite Francart. Also I am pretty sure UncleBob's team was Men from Uncle which I just removed so I could send the invite. If for some reason this was the wrong team let me know if I bumped someone else by mistake. :smile:

• Options

Here is the random draft order

1. Timers tsunamis
    2. Porkins
    3. Giving the B...
    4. Cobra Kai
    5. Team USSR
    6. Tony's Team
    7. steve lum's ...
    8. LV TrolleyDo...
    9. UGASkiDawg
    10. CPAnnihilators
    11. wolfbear
    12. RailsideCards
  • Options

Enjoyed the draft, fellas, good luck!

Although I did have a revelation:
    I must not be the fast drafter I always thought I was, that 45 seconds flies by!