Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bug in US Mint shopping cart... (sorta...)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 23, 2019 12:09PM in U.S. Coin Forum

With the Reverse Proof set Palladium Proof Apollo 11 commems sale coming up, I thought I'd mention this.

When you check out at the US Mint web site, do you get something like this at the final step that prevents you from checking the box and placing the order?

It's not really a bug. Well, yes it is, in a way. I installed firefox on a new machine, and came up against this. It wasn't until I ran a debug script against the site that I found out it was denying a cookie that has something to do with credit card lookups.

The reason this happens is because you have tracking protection enabled. The US Mint site utilizes a cookie that anti-tracking programs think is a tracking cookie and blocks it.

The fix (at least in Firefox) is pretty simple. Whitelist usmint.gov Look at the address bar. See that little shield? It indicates you have tracking protection enabled.

Click on the shield, and disable protection for usmint.gov. It should now look like this:

Test it out and make sure it works. Put something in your cart and see if you can get to the final review. Just make sure you back out and not actually buy anything.... :)

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by... me. ;)

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the biggest bug on the U.S. Mint site is the existence of a shopping cart. :wink:

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope -- but I did get a nice 2 lb lobster! :)

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes had my fun with that as well. It can be a pain in the back side when trying to order fast but that has not been to bad as of late not like the old day's looking back that was kind of fun every one saying I'm lock out I cant get in...

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

@coinpro76 said:
    Now every one knows your Visa Number is **********

OMG OMG OMG!

Going to have to alert my bank now!

(This reminds me of someone who thought their password was "●●●●●●●●●●●", and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work...)

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018 10:49PM

It is almost like "page can not be found " on eBay @BackroadJunkie ....when you have only a few secs to snipe ;)
    *correction: sex > secs

• Options
    edited July 11, 2018 10:31PM

@Paradisefound said:
    It is almost like "page can not be found " on eBay @BackroadJunkie ....when you have only a few sex to snipe ;)

What's on your mind "sex"

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

Uh....I meant secs >:)o:)

@Type2 said:

@Paradisefound said:
    It is almost like "page can not be found " on eBay @BackroadJunkie ....when you have only a few sex to snipe ;)

• Options

It wouldn't be any if there was some sniping going on....would it?

@Paradisefound said:

@Type2 said:

@Paradisefound said:

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    It wouldn't be any if there was some sniping going on....would it?

@Paradisefound said:

@Type2 said:

@Paradisefound said:

Uh, just for future reference, do you use a sniping program, or do you do it all by hand?

Oh, and put some tape over that webcam, just in case...

(I wonder if Freud would have had a comment about mixing up sex and secs.. Yeah, go ahead and blame the spell checker. People have been using that excuse for years. ;) )

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good alert in the OP.... and as for 'secs vs sex'...well, for some, it only takes secs... :D:D and that is not a good thing.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Good alert in the OP.... and as for 'secs vs sex'...well, for some, it only takes secs... :D:D and that is not a good thing.... ;) Cheers, RickO

I'm good with that next.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time they release a product. I have about 100 to buy today and I am sure this will happen a time or two. I think it is the cc company. Probable can only handle a limited amount of orders at once. No worry they wont be selling out so just be patient.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the same issue with Firefox and my tracking protection add-on a while back but I recently had to re-install all my software so I'm glad you reminded me about it so I can fix it again.

• Options

With the Palladium Proof on sale tomorrow, I thought I'd bump this...

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

I have found that not all web browsers work at the same purchase step you mention. My current version of Opera does. Safari / Firefox / Maxthon do not. The Mint website is problematic in this regard. FYI.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options

Bump for the Apollo 11 commems...

@ADG said:
    I have found that not all web browsers work at the same purchase step you mention. My current version of Opera does. Safari / Firefox / Maxthon do not. The Mint website is problematic in this regard. FYI.

Firefox works that way. The screenshots are from firefox.

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Turning off ad / tracking blockers for the Mint site also recommended.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file