Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS TrueView gallery

mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Dear PCGS powers-that-be:

Please, if there is not yet a gallery of all TrueView images available, MAKE ONE!
I would spend hours, I'm sure, just staring at all of these wonderful images.
I suggest sorting it by denomination. And maybe grade. And year too I guess. OK ... so make it interactive ...

And if you already have such a gallery, where is it? I need a link!!

Sincerely,

a guy who likes pretty pictures.

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

Comments

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGSCoinFacts is free, and it includes many thousands of TrueViews (although presented on a white background), and they are all sorted by denomination, series, date, and grade for all U.S. coins.

Also, ValueView provides the same for PCGS-graded foreign coins.

The only issues for which the database of TrueViews is not accessible is that for medals and tokens.

CoinFacts probably has as many TrueViews as you could stare at for a year or more! (A random check shows that for the 1924 St Gaudens $20 Gold Double Eagle alone, there are 553 TrueViews!)

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish the grade was on the image. Then you would not need to pull up the Cert#.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

cardinal, is there a link to ValueView or something for Canadian coin??

• Options

@keets Canadian coins are listed in the PCGS Pop Report here:

https://pcgs.com/pop/canadaiancoins

You can look up the coin you want in the listing, and then access the ValueView. So, for example, if you searched for a George V (1912-1914) G$10 coin, you would see this:

Then, click on the blue number in the column for a specific issue, and that issue's ValueView shows up:

• Options

that's helpful but I don't think it will allow me to see every TV'd coin the way CoinFacts will.

• Options

@keets said:
    that's helpful but I don't think it will allow me to see every TV'd coin the way CoinFacts will.

The ValueView should eventually allow you to see every TV'd foreign coin. At this point, not nearly as many foreign coins have been TV'd, but now that the "gold shield level" for submission applies at lower values than in the past, more foreign coins will get TV'd and eventually, PCGS will modify the ValueView to include all of them.

• Options

since PCGS offers TV's for World Coins it is only sensible that they would establish some kind of archive for them, easily accessible. I will wait for that. :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

TruViews are really great... I have found a few surprises when I purchased slabbed coins and checked the cert number...Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file