Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When are Ebay Bucks given out?

LeroyLeroy Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

I won a coin on Ebay this morning and just realized that I have Ebay Bucks coming in July. Does anyone know when they send them out? If it's not the first day of the month I don't want to make the seller wait for payment.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Often it is on the first of the month. You may as well wait a day and find out.

• Options

I usually pay immediately but, if the Ebay Bucks are coming tomorrow, I'll just wait and see.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2018 1:43PM

Redeeming eBay Bucks

When will I get my eBay Bucks Certificate?
    If you earn eBay Bucks in a calendar quarter, you will get your eBay Bucks Certificate approximately 3–15 days after the end of the quarterly earn period. Please check the eBay Bucks page in My eBay; keep an eye on the "Certificates" section. You will also receive an email when your Certificate is ready to be redeemed.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Same here, usually on the 3rd is when I receive mine- you could talk to seller they might not mind waiting for payment-especially with busy week because of the 4th.

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    I've never seen a payout on the 1st. usually 3rd day of month

Last quarter I cashed mine in on the first. Check your account as it often precedes the email alert.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you not want to earn your bucks in this quarter? What is the sense of delaying them into the next quarter and having to wait until Oct in order to redeem them?

• Options

@BAJJERFAN said:
    Why would you not want to earn your bucks in this quarter? What is the sense of delaying them into the next quarter and having to wait until Oct in order to redeem them?

I want to use the Ebay Bucks from this quarter (April,May,June) to purchase the coin instead of using PayPal. But I can't do that unless I wait until the Ebay Bucks are issued and that puts me into the next quarter.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Leroy said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

I want to use the Ebay Bucks from this quarter (April,May,June) to purchase the coin instead of using PayPal. But I can't do that unless I wait until the Ebay Bucks are issued and that puts me into the next quarter.

In that case I'd contact the seller and ask if he minded waiting, esp. if the amount is significant. In my case I usually get them about the 3rd day. If you don't use PP at all you won't get Bucks for the coin that you won this morning.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will just be glad when they fix their software issue and can see what ebucks I have.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    I will just be glad when they fix their software issue and can see what ebucks I have.

4th line down under your "watch list" it's been there all the time.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Received an email this morning - Ebay Bucks will be issued on 7/3/18

• Options

@OPA said:

@bsshog40 said:

I am aware of that. They are having some software glitches that are not allowing some people to see their ebay bucks.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can not see mine either, but I know I don't have more than a couple of bucks anyways. I usually get an email around the 3rd day of the month.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭

I reported this problem to ebay on June 19. Still not fixed. Can't see my balance or anything related to ebay bucks other than the aforementioned link on the left side of my summary page. The link is broken as it now points to my "watch list". Very odd that they apparently haven't figured it out yet. If you log into ebay.ca with your ID you can at least see your balance.

• Options
    Morpheus1967Morpheus1967 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:

@OPA said:

@bsshog40 said:

I am aware of that. They are having some software glitches that are not allowing some people to see their ebay bucks.

Log in to the Canadian version of the site, ebay.ca. You can see your ebay bucks there with no issues.

• Options

@Morpheus1967 said:

@bsshog40 said:

@OPA said:

@bsshog40 said:

Log in to the Canadian version of the site, ebay.ca. You can see your ebay bucks there with no issues.

That worked. Thank you! The format also looks like its suppose to. I don't understand why our format is soo messed up.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the counter is not working either, I have one auction with 5 watchers, yet the counter is on 2 views

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2018 8:21AM

@OPA said:

@bsshog40 said:

not this quarter , it was there alright but if I clicked on it I get my watch list not the ebay bucks summary

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    the counter is not working either, I have one auction with 5 watchers, yet the counter is on 2 views

I've seen that too recently

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@OPA said:

@bsshog40 said:

not this quarter , it was there alright but if I clicked on it I get my watch list not the ebay bucks summary

Must be isolated cases...mine is just working fine...(I'm located in Maryland)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

That's been happening to my listings for a couple months now. It's intermittent and arbitrary, but has become more regular of late. It's got something to do with what's in cache, I believe, because it clears up if I clear things out. Of course, it starts right up again after a few page views...

• Options
    edited July 2, 2018 5:57PM

Star date Tuesday July 2, 2018. Just cashed in my Bucks for a fractional Eagle. All is well in Ebay land!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file