Home U.S. Coin Forum

1922 D strong reverse Lincoln cent

I am bringing the penny back to your attention I had spent hours researching on pcgs and other sites and saw one website which has a 1922 D with a strong reverse. But it that possible because I seen Lincoln cents with no D like that on another website. Also does it make the obserse look weaker like mine. And one more thing if its just ware I just put in a jar I just wanted to ask about this thanks.

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not "strong", it's just stronger than the very heavily worn obverse. [IMHO]

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

With that much wear it is unlikely that "strong" or "weak" reverse is going to make much difference.

All glory is fleeting.
  • JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

I can't even make out the date from your picture.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a very worn Lincoln cent... and in that condition, it really carries no numismatic value....Cheers, RickO

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has a mintmark. Not a No D.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gabe9991 You want opinions and answers to your questions and purposely post garbage pictures of coins that aren't what they are purported to be and you expect serious answers to your questions. We can't tell what year this coin is, but you can tell even with your crappy photo taking skills that make me look like a highly skilled photographer that this cent most definitely has a mintmark and is not 1922 no D.

If you spent hours researching this coin and this is what you come up with, well I think it's time to give it up as no one here no matter how much skill and experience they have will be able to help you.

Give it up as your skillset is most assuredly lacking.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

What @divecchia said.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

The third digit is a 1

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • I'm sorry for asking so much questions it's part of my disability and it became obsession again I'm sorry the day I posted it I had a minor seizure because of cyst on my brain and causes me to repeat things like this post. I just went on this forum to learn but some people have to be so rude about it maybe someday I will get better at it but I'm still learning it take time and patience. Again I apologise also I wasn't trying to scam or troll anyone I look a detail a different way then a normal person does my eyes with autism lets me look at things differently and more detailed and closer in other words I can spot small things fast. It's how my brain works. I'm not telling anyone that it's there fault I just don't appreciate some people attitude towards people.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2018 6:48PM

gabe9991: You don't have to be sorry to ask a question here. It might have been better if you posted the pic and asked what date and mint it is, instead of thinking it was a 1922 No D.

The comments on your post cannot be controlled by me or any other member. I can't, and wont, apologize for other posts.

Be sure that we can help...to a point. You need to further you're knowledge by research. Too many peeps just keep coming back here with stuff after being given solid advice on research avenues.

Some members get frustrated answering the same stuff over and over.

Study. Learn. Enrich yourself.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

@gabe9991 said:
    I'm sorry for asking so much questions it's part of my disability and it became obsession again I'm sorry the day I posted it I had a minor seizure because of cyst on my brain and causes me to repeat things like this post. I just went on this forum to learn but some people have to be so rude about it maybe someday I will get better at it but I'm still learning it take time and patience. Again I apologise also I wasn't trying to scam or troll anyone I look a detail a different way then a normal person does my eyes with autism lets me look at things differently and more detailed and closer in other words I can spot small things fast. It's how my brain works. I'm not telling anyone that it's there fault I just don't appreciate some people attitude towards people.

Asking questions is great that is how we all learn, but you don't seem to be assimilating the info folks are providing to you. The picture you posted for instance is so blurry it is impossible to even make out the date. Also if your coin has a mint mark, any mint mark it clearly can't be a 1922 no D.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes there is a weak and a strong Rev on the 1922 No "D" coin but this coin is not a no "D" coin or a weak "D" as well. But if it was the strong it will have a spike going from the "O" up to the E -Pluribus on the rev, Here is a pic of a strong and weak hope this helps.

Hoard the keys.
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin pictured by the original post does not appear to be dated "1922"... But a new reverse die was used with a very worn and over polished 1922 D obverse die to make the famous 1922 "plain" cent.. Many coins were made with the over used reverse die and obverse die for the 1922 "no D" later called the 1922 no d weak reverse... I hope that helps

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file