Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Have you added anything to the numismatic body of knowledge?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Discovery type stuff as opposed to (still valuable) passing along of known logic.

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope just go to the well to get more for me.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to think so, but ultimately that's up to the users of that knowledge to determine.

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not want to presume . . . .

But I think in the area of holders, Doilies, and slabbing history . . . . . . .

Perhaps.

Drunner

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on whom you ask. B)

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018 12:50PM

IMHO, No one who has done what you seek is going to reply. Many here have added a few fingers. Others an entire arm.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but sometimes it's a buzzkill. Telling someone that the circulated, folded * note with dog ears they have been saving for 20 years is not worth a whole lot more than face value...or the barely readable common date Buffalo nickel is not going to bring much on Ebay. :/

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    IMHO, No one who has done what you seek is going to reply. Many here have added a few fingers. Others an entire arm.

be patient...

• Options
    edited June 29, 2018 2:36PM

I'm telling you, no one will post. HOWEVER, if you change the title of your discussion all the members will start to "out" the numismatists who have written the reference books we all use and the collectors who have discovered new varieties. That fellow who discovered the 1919 DDO 10c for example. That should count as a fingernail to the "body."

• Options

No dishonor in boasting of one's accomplishments. My doctor has 24 diplomas on the wall. Can't do a tonsillectomy worth a damn though.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I could never live up to the numismatic pillars we have here.

They're like a High Relief Double Eagle and I'm just a zincoln cent that was run over in a parking lot multiple times.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of us have a good idea who the contributor's are, they post often in their area of expertise and keep this place what it is.

but me, hell no, I am just a sponge. lol

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe so but I really can't speak for myself. One BIG doubled die discovery, tho.

• Options
    KoinickerKoinicker Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Yes, and quite a lot for at least one specific and important area of U.S. numismatic research. But like most research I have also piggybacked-off other earlier researchers and expanded greatly on their research.

• Options

@Koinicker said:
    Yes, and quite a lot for at least one specific and important area of U.S. numismatic research. But like most research I have also piggybacked-off other earlier researchers and expanded greatly on their research.

What area?

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got stuff to share - but nobody is asking...

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to eventually finish a catalogue of engraved 1964 proof WQ reverses and die pairs. There's all sorts of fun stuff going on with them.

The only thing in my way is disposable project income. It will come. I hope at the beginning of next year (at the latest) to have something substantial collected, and the knowledge to distribute worthwhile and accurate information.

• Options
    edited June 29, 2018 6:22PM

@WaterSport said:
    I got stuff to share - but nobody is asking...

WS

Well...I am!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file