Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Guilty Pleasure: The "OMG I can't believe I bought that" edition

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin mentioned this piece in a recent light side post and I thought it was the bees knees.

Usually modern gimmicky crap like this just makes me angry. But the iconic brand, the whimsy of a Coke bottle cap struck in pure silver, the humor of the reverse becoming an "actual" NCLT coin, and the Coke-red NGC insert just completely hooked me.

The whole package comes together really well. The metal Coke display box (with the clever pun on the iconic Coke logo: It's the real thing : pure silver, legal tender all in the modern Coke font) the COA, the outer box just makes a neat package.

I got this piece from MCM--who didn't make it clear that the OGP would accompany the coin. Because of that, I wavered about buying a slabbed piece. But the color of the insert was so fun and striking that I had to pony up the $90 for a 70 UCAM.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this piece and am looking to get the all Silver version!

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

NCLT at its worst.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda cool actually. :)

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this recently:

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bunny fart! :smile:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

That's pretty cool. NCLT is far from my thing, but I am still considering getting a Benin scratch n' sniff marijuana coin. Should make for an interesting conversation piece :)

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I like it only because it's a Coca Cola cap.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it

I might have to pick one up for my Coca Cola collectables daughter.

I picked this up for my all creatures great and small daughter.